Next Thread
Print Thread
R
Ross B. Offline OP
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
R
hey all, the dern driver side speakers arent working since i got my new deck installed. I can only operate 1 subwoofer also? I am not too keen on electronics, but it seems like it is all tied togeather hvaeing a problem on one side and only 1 sub working. What should i do?

Why the heck should I have to press 1 for English? 98 Contour SVT resinator removed, boomz intake, MSDS headers(just getting started)
R
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
R
check the radios wire harness

did u bypass the stock amp?? if so, double check the wiring

FORMER OWNER 2000 Black SVT #934 of 2150
R
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
R
More information would help.

HU model? (stock, Premium sound, aftermarket?)
if aftermarket, did you have "premium sound" HU as a stock one, if so you need to bypass the stock amp behind the glove box)

Did you install it yourself?
How did you run your audio from your HU to your amp (assuming you have an amp b/c you have a sub) (is it RCA outputs or line-level outputs, spliced in to the stock four speaker locations?

If it were spliced, somehow, then one side not working, and one sub not working would be related...

Do you have your HU powering your door speakers and an amp powering your sub, as in:

RADIO
|---door speakers
|
AMP
|
|---SUBS

or, Amp powering everything as in:

RADIO
|
AMP
|
-----door speakers
|
_____SUB

Knowing some of this stuff will help alot..

Ray

'99 CSVT - Silver #222/276 In a constant state of blow-off euphoria.
Originally posted by Kremitthefrog:
I like to wear dresses and use binoculars to watch grandmas across the street.

R
Ross B. Offline OP
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
R
thanks ray,
it is the amp is runing teh sub right now soon to be the subs hopefully. I had it installed at circut city, It is just a 200 dollar sony deck, but everything worked fine before i got it installed, Others have told me about the factory amp haveing to be bypassed. I think ill take it somewhere if that is what it needs. Sounds like you know your stuff.
Thanks

Why the heck should I have to press 1 for English? 98 Contour SVT resinator removed, boomz intake, MSDS headers(just getting started)
R
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
R
If you recently had it installed, have it taken back and checked by those guys.. they my be liable.. If not, then we can at least work it from there.. no sense in going another place, to pay another bill, when you can get it rechecked for free (possibly fixed.. as long as it didn't work from the minute you got it back, etc)

Ray

T
New CEG\'er
New CEG\'er
T
I had the same problem with the connection between the new harness and the factory one for the prem sound amp was not making a good connection and the plastic piece for the factory amp and wires was cracked. if this halps any

http://www.geocities.com/nos_xteam/My_car_page.html Wanted= 96 MTX75 for a 2.5 for a good price!
R
R
I also have the drivers side speakers problem. It happened after i replaced the headunit because the wiring harnesses are of poor quality. I find that if i turn the volume up loud for a second all the speakers begin to work, then i can turn the volume back down. I replaced the harness, which helped significantly. The brand circuit city sells is crap, so try to stay away from that.

randomds
(currently selling my 2000 SVT Contour after a slew of problems convinced me to stay away from Ford.)

R
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
R
Offtopic: I doubt that the words "after a slew of problems" will help sell the SVT in your sig, random...

Ray

Moderated by  horseydug_dup1, Ray_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard