Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
G
OP Offline
G
What would be better for SQ...a single 8" in the rear deck or a 10/12" in the trunk? I don't have seats that fold down so I just have that plastic piece then metal then seats. I only need one sub, thanks for your help.

S
S
Go with something in the trunk... I have 2 12s, they dont exactly work yet, but they are gunna soun great..

98 Black Mystique; Duratec/ATX
"Mystique, the luxury SVT"

P.S. This is what part of the alphabet would look like if the letters Q and R were omitted...
K
Kai Offline
K
I have a single 8" in the rear deck and I love it. I didn't want to lose any trunk space though, nor did I need extremely heavy bass. Just something to support the lower end.

Kendall
'97 GL Zetec ATX
" Nippy "
B
B
ditto to kai, see link in sig. with the exception of the fold down seats everything should be about the same.

Matthew W. Campbell-- bigMoney Racing
--1999 SVT #220 "NT4UA" /O.Z. Crono Evo\'s/ /Rear Deck Sub/ --1972 Chevrolet C/10 Custom Deluxe--1980 Camaro in fewer pieces--
"If I had invested...in IBM or something like that, I would certainly have been wealthy within a decade. Instead, I bought a Porsche...and got a life" Leon Mandel
S
S
has anyone found a decent free air sub YET, after all the discussion of rear deck mounting? (also wondering about the possibility of a nice, lightweight fiberglass enclosure being built and fashioned to work with the deck mount

D
D
There are a lot of decent free air subs but not many great ones.

www.apexjr.com has an 8" sub that would be very nice.

A
APT Offline
A
A driver in a sealed box in the truck should sound better and easier to build and get right. And there are many good drivers to choose from. Rear deck can work, but if you don't really need the space, go for a box.

Unfortunately the driver I used in my rear deck is no longer availible. frown

S
S
I'm running dual 8s in the rear deck. I didn't want to give up any trunk space, and I'm pleased with the results. I'd say they're about equivalent to an average 10 in a sealed box in the trunk less a bit of deep bass extension.

I'd probably go with some 8" Kicker Comp's if I had to choose again. I used a single Kicker 8" Free-Air (similar to the Comp's but no longer produced) with good results too.

But, a single 10/12 in a sealed box in the trunk would be much better for SQ (if you're willing to give up some trunk space).

1999 SVT #900/2760
Born on 1-20-99
Silver Frost/Midnight Blue
A few aesthetic and audio mods
C
C
Go with the single 12" It's too difficult trying to find a halfway decent freeair sub, particular an 8" The single 12 will take up a very minimal amount of room. If you feel like getting somewhat crafty, you could custom fit a box in the side of the trunk that would maximize your space too

G
OP Offline
G
Kai, this is your car right?
http://personal.atl.bellsouth.net/lig/t/c/tcrew/subweb/images/IMG_0087.jpg

If I did the 8" in the rear deck, it would be enclosed like his.

But if a single 10/12 would still be better for SQ like everyone said, I can give up some trunk space. I'd prolly put it on the passenger side, up against the back seat.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  dnewma04_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard