Next Thread
Print Thread
#1220131 03/19/05 04:29 PM
P
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
P
Yes I fricken searched, i am not a noob. Need a little help. Recently my guage lights quit working...o.k. like six months ago and i haven't had time to fix it. Well i changed the fuse for the interior lighting. But, still no worky. So, i go to check it and the fuse is blown again. So i put a new one in turned on the lights and heard the fuse pop again. So what now? Is it the relay for the interior lights, (R12)? Or is there a problem with the bulbs? Any help is appreciated. Not good to be driving at night with no guage lights.

Thanks.

"Not a newbie" Been here since it all started!! 98 silver SVT Contour several mods and counting www.pickettperformance.com "Remember, you're part of the human race, try not to embarrass the rest of us"
H
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
H
Sounds like a short or open circuit to me if the fuse continues to blow after being replaced.
Do you have a test light/voltmeter is my first question.

P
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
P
I'm hoping it's not wire related. I can get my hands on a voltmeter if needed. I guess that's my next course of action. Any other insight or help is appreciatted.

Thanks.

Last edited by Pick; 03/21/05 09:48 PM.

"Not a newbie" Been here since it all started!! 98 silver SVT Contour several mods and counting www.pickettperformance.com "Remember, you're part of the human race, try not to embarrass the rest of us"
R
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
R
what lights arnt working? just ur dash... or the lights on your radio too. also do the lights on ur (if u have them ) power windows and door locks work. i beleave that with the dash lights the power is grounded at the gear selector(at least it is in the autos).

RIP Frank Foreman. March 15 2005. died in a tragic car crash at the age of 18.<Drive Safe> 1995 Contour gl Zetec auto. 178000km
P
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
P
Instrument light with dimmer, ac knob lights and radio lightsare the only ones. I will have to check on the power locks. All other lights are functioning properly including interior dome light and service lights. I not sur it would be grounded on the stick shift (MTX).

Moderated by  horseydug_dup1, Ray_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard