Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
O
Veteran CEG\'er
OP Offline
Veteran CEG\'er
O
Alright I have a little problem here. Okay so I'm about 300 miles from home and I heard this noise comming from my car. Upon inspection Its the a/c compressor bearing takeing a poop. Now the only things that I can think of is to cross my fingers and try to make it home without it seizing. The only other thing I could think of is putting a shorter belt on bypassing the a/c.

What I don't know is what belt I would need and is it even possible without taking off the a/c??

I will be leaving where I am at this fiday so I need to figure out what im doing rally fast...

I might cross post if I don't get and responces here so please don't delete the post.

TIA

Fast Cheap reliable Pick two
R
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
R
To install a smaller belt, you would use the belt for a non-A/C car with the same engine as yours..

You didn't state WHICH engine you have, so you can just make that corrolation yourself. Any parts store should have the belt, and the routing diagram is in the engine bay, on the passenger side, near the serp belt, too.. look at the NON-AC routing and see if it looks like it will not work because the AC would still be in the way.... I think you will see, pretty plainly, what will work and what won't..

Ray

'99 CSVT - Silver #222/276 In a constant state of blow-off euphoria.
Originally posted by Kremitthefrog:
I like to wear dresses and use binoculars to watch grandmas across the street.

C
C
I had the same problem. I went to a car center and told them that I wanted the belt for engine without a/c and it fit. There is a routing diagram under the hood (due to the fact that without a/c the route is actually different) I beleive the shorter route is in dashes.
If you have trouble getting a belt give me year, model, and engine size and I will get you a belt number.

Moderated by  horseydug_dup1, Ray_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard