Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 7 of 10 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 10
E
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
E
The cars that I got were never over $3000 when my dad bought them....and that was for the prism which he drove before I got it. The Lebaron was like $2400 or something like that....and that was my brothers. The Skylark was only a couple years old when my mom bought it and I was like 10 at the time. Speaking of Cavs though, my freind had a 86 and it was the biggest POS ever, but it was freakin' awesome cause it was ghetto fabulous. I just personally see that $5000 is too much to spend on a car for a kid. My dad did pay for my contour that I have now and that is because I am selling my talon for the same price as what I bought this one for ($1900) and I am paying him back. I just don't think kids should be given such nice expensive things when they are so young. They think that they should be given these things when later in life they are going to have to pay for these things. But I am just rambling now......and not making any sence.

95 SE MTX svt exhaust intake deer killer
G
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
G
Originally posted by Rawburt:

That's what i'm saying... When are ya kids gonna start working for things instead of having things handed to you!

I wouldnt say that about everyone buddy. The only reason I couldnt take out my own loan is cuz Im not 18...and I am paying $250 every month to my rents...

Last edited by getlucky151; 03/09/05 08:58 PM.

Failure is simply the opportunity to begin again, this time more intelligently.
J
Hard-core CEG\'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
J
My grandad paid for my car because he nice guy and he has money. My parents set the price limit at $8,000. He said he would pay 5 grand so I found a car the was 5 grand and saved my parents some money.

Most of the time I will pay for gas,taxes,repairs, and modifications. Sometimes my dad will chip in a tank of gas but I dont take that for granted and usually drive normal so as not to waste it.
I also bought the wheels I am about to get in a week.

Justin 1999 Ford SVT Contour (T-Red) Cardomain site
R
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
R
Originally posted by getlucky151:

That's what i'm saying... When are ya kids gonna start working for things instead of having things handed to you!

I wouldnt say that about everyone buddy. The only reason I couldnt take out my own loan is cuz Im not 18...and I am paying $250 every month to my rents...

If your paying for it then it wasnt handed to you, duhhh

G
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
G
Originally posted by RawBurt:
Originally posted by getlucky151:

If your paying for it then it wasnt handed to you, duhhh

, Haha my bad I was at work and didnt read slow enough....you know, the work, answerin phones, n sh!t.

Last edited by getlucky151; 03/09/05 09:47 PM.

Failure is simply the opportunity to begin again, this time more intelligently.
A
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
A
Originally posted by somthin220:
WLN...walled lake northern. im a senior and my contour is probably one of the best sounding cars in the parking lot except for two camaros and proud of it.

I forgot about WLN. When I graduated I remember seeing the floor plan for that school, it looked awesome. BTW, I graduated from Walled Lake Western back in 2002.

99 Black Contour SE Sport
P
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
P
Bear Creek Secondary School, Barrie Ontario Canada baby!! 97 mercury mystique

[IMG]http://img35.photobucket.com/albums/v106/psychojetpilot/signature.jpg[/IMG]
S
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
S
Originally posted by stylin550:
Oh yeah i did win best car in highschool with my truck though
My yel-low truck

nice truck. those rangers were one of THE toughest trucks of all time when it comes to slamming them. stupid Ford and their Ibeams. were you a club? i was in the truck scene out here for many many years. its where i started my voyage into the custom automotive world. ahhhh, the good old days. truck runs and bikini contests
and yeah, that's an exceptionally cool vehicle to have in hs. seems much more common nowadays.

as for having a "nice" car in hs and it being a csvt, i think thats mostly to us old fogies. as mentioned, it cost his parents like $6k iirc. back in hs my friend got a brand new integra gs on rims and a ton of other sh*t. we were all amazed. now ive seen kids driving slammed escalades on 24z to school and other vehicles in that price range or better. i knew some kids in hs with real expensive cars but most had "normal" cars. now it seems that there are many more kids driving much nicer cars than the principal. the sad part is that many of these kids are with super expensive cars are often doing terrible in school, my hs friend included.

Originally posted by Tourgasm:
Sometimes you can mess up a word so bad that spell check doens't know what the hell you're talking about.

P
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
P
Quote:

I guess I'm alone when I say I bought everything myself.

I'm 19 and the SVT is my 4th car. I payed for all of them.

19, 3rd car. Second SVT, Second car ive paid for myself.

First car was a.... Dodge stratus!

Alex '99 SVT Contour -=|WANTED: Vortech, working or not |=-
E
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
E
ouch, that one hurts. LOL! You deserve this car after having that last one!

95 SE MTX svt exhaust intake deer killer
Page 7 of 10 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 10

Link Copied to Clipboard