Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#1207073 03/07/05 12:30 AM
G
Addicted CEG\'er
OP Offline
Addicted CEG\'er
G
ok, whenever i open the driverside door, the interior lights never come on, but when i open any other door, they come on..? I dont get it

G
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
G
I leave my interior lights on the 12 sec. mode too, and they'll turn on. But, sometimes when I'm getting out of the car, they wont turn on at all.

Failure is simply the opportunity to begin again, this time more intelligently.
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
does the warning chime come on when the lights are on and you open the drivers door??? if not then you have a bad "indicator" button located in the door jam by the hinge,its only held in with two screws..

"Youth ages, immaturity is outgrown, ignorance can be educated, and drunkenness sobered, but STUPID lasts forever."-Aristophanes. --93 pgt,headers,intake,borla=14.9 1/4mile
C
C
I have the same porblem were would you get a switch

D
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
D
Yeah, play around with the black switch at the front inside part of the driver's door, near the hinges. Twist it around, make sure it freely springs out.

I used to have to play with mine a lot, but it's been fine for a long time. If I know me I probably sprayed WD40 in there.

98 Contour V6 MTX, T-Red, 150k mi. Pic SVT Dual Exhaust, KKM Intake, Donnely Mirror, Dension DMP3 Player w/80GB of MP3s, Wheelskin 95 F-150 91 Mustang GT 06 Honda Shadow Aero
G
Addicted CEG\'er
OP Offline
Addicted CEG\'er
G
no I hear no noise, when I open my door, I want the dammn lights on so I can see somthing..I checked all the other stuff and nothing seems that its jammed

A
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
A
Originally posted by Goonz SVT:
ok, whenever i open the driverside door, the interior lights never come on, but when i open any other door, they come on..? I dont get it

I have the same problem as well... Mine works abotu 50% of the time.

98 Corolla LE 1.8L DOHC 1ZZFE TEIN H.Tech Springs Tokico HP series Struts Short ram air intake Tsudo Axel Back Exhaust ... if a jelly fish stung me.. would you pee on the wound?
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
i took my switch out, couldnt stand the noise it made when i opened my door at night with the lights on....when i did this i noticed the terminals were really dirty, and full of dirt grease something it prob your guys problem, just be careful if you try to take it out to clean, the wire harness isnt very long and may fall back into the hole,...to be lost forever!!!!!!!!!

"Youth ages, immaturity is outgrown, ignorance can be educated, and drunkenness sobered, but STUPID lasts forever."-Aristophanes. --93 pgt,headers,intake,borla=14.9 1/4mile
F
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
F
Originally posted by ALIAS Jerk:

I have the same problem as well

Mine does that, but only when it's below freezing in the winter. The rest of the year it works just fine.

A Contour is not just a car, it's an experience 99 T-Red SE Zetec ATX Born April 16, 1999 98 E0 Silver Frost CSVT #3175/3565 Born August 21st, 1997 Stored at P.R.T. for the winter 67 Mustang 289 project car
G
Addicted CEG\'er
OP Offline
Addicted CEG\'er
G
Originally posted by 99contourdriver:
Originally posted by ALIAS Jerk:

I have the same problem as well

Mine does that, but only when it's below freezing in the winter. The rest of the year it works just fine.

It was fine in the summer...maybe your right..we'll see SOOON..I hate winter

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  horseydug_dup1, Ray_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard