Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
K
New CEG\'er
OP Offline
New CEG\'er
K
My car started reving it self up really high while im idling/in gear.. Last night i was at a drive thru and it did it once. the car was just in idle and all of a sudden it did it, then the car was fine the rest of the night. i got up early this morning and drove maybe 40 miles north and it ran fine the whole time then leaving the place i was at i was able to keep my foot off of the gas and the car went like 10 mph by it self, which is really weird, usually i have to baby it when im going slow. then i stop by safeway and when i turn the car on again it revs up really high ( i dont have a tach so i dont know how high) for 10 seconds or so then laid off and when i put it in gear to leave the parking lot i had to hold the brake down instead of pushing the gas... oh yeah, then the check engine light came on. about 30 miles down the road heading home all of a sudden it kinda kicks, like when you slam the gas hard it jumps to catch up or w/e but not quite so hard, then went like that for a few seconds, dropped off, then the light went off. then it did it 2x more then the light came back on. I got home, turned the car off and on then it reved way up again...it does it ever time i turn it on.. any ideas?

C
C
To the idling problem I would check mass air flow an tps

I
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
I
check all around the interior area by the gas pedal, make sure nothing's interfering with it (floor mat, etc). then check engine bay and follow throttle cable, check to make sure everything looks okay there. if you have cruise control, check the cruise control cable also.

contours, deloreans & fiats, oh my!

Moderated by  horseydug_dup1, Ray_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard