Next Thread
Print Thread
L
lucky13 Offline OP
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
L
I was cleaning my IAC this weekend, and while trying to get to the bottom bolt, I snapped a couple of the red and green, extremely small plastic tubes. Any idea what they go to, how I can fix them, where I can get the parts? Is there something better that can replace them? They seem rediculously small and brittle. Any help appreciated.

98 CSVT black/midnight Trubendz catback, BAT inlet pipe, 75mm Pro-Flow, K&N open air on SCA cold air pipe, Optima Red Top in trunk, short shifter, Richbrook e-brake, lowered, side markers, mesh grille/bumper inserts
T
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
T
When I cleaned mine, a snapped the green one. Go get some vacuum hose from the parts store... 3/16, i think. I dunno, but take a small peice of the busted tube with you, get a vac hose (the flexible ruber stuff) and find one with an inside diameter that will fit over the existing brittle pipe tightly. Put it on, zip tie it. Works fine. SHouldn't need more than a foot.. abnout 3 bucks. I called ford on that hose and to get replacements, it was like 45.00 a peice.

2006 Pontiac G6 3900SFI GTP Coupe CAI, Stainless Cat Back, Vector Tune, Strut Brace, Eibach Pro Kit, Custom Made Projector Headlights, 4300K, 20% Tint Former Owner- 2000 "Stryped" CSVT CEG Dragon Run- Oct 13-15
B
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
B
You got good advice. Splicing with rubber vacuum line is a common practice. Make sure it is a tight fit.

Jim Johnson 98 SVT 03 Escape Limited
L
lucky13 Offline OP
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
L
Thanks guys. Heading to the local auto parts store this weekend.....

98 CSVT black/midnight Trubendz catback, BAT inlet pipe, 75mm Pro-Flow, K&N open air on SCA cold air pipe, Optima Red Top in trunk, short shifter, Richbrook e-brake, lowered, side markers, mesh grille/bumper inserts
New CEG\'er
New CEG\'er
Like LilRed says, but instead of vacuum hose try some shrink tube (like U use to splice wiring) for a nice tight,leakproof, and less bulky "joint". Just clean any crud off the broken tubing with alcohol or something that leaves no residue

Moderated by  horseydug_dup1, Ray_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard