Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
A
New CEG\'er
OP Offline
New CEG\'er
A
Title says it all, where the heck to i get one, i have been searching everywhere i can think of on the net, and all i can find are X-pipes???

S
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
S
Summit Racing H-Pipe
It's 2.25" but it's the smallest you'll find.

A 2" pipe will fit inside it no problem.

2000 SVT Turbo 295hp/269ftlb@12psi #1 for Bendix Brakes Kits! Knuckles rebuilt w/new bearings $55 AUSSIE ENDLINKS $70 Gutted pre-cats $80/set A lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on mine!
A
New CEG\'er
OP Offline
New CEG\'er
A
good to go, thanks Stazi

D
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
D
Make your own.

NOTHING else will work. PERIOD.

Also proper placement is another issue you have to address. Just throwing on a balance pipe is not the way to go about it.

The balance pipe needs to be smaller then the normal piping.

The normal true dual piping will only be around 2" O.D. (1.8x" I.D.)

Anything larger then that is severe over kill for almost any engine combonation. Any one that says otherwise isn't thinking straight.

Dual 2" O.D. piping is considerably larger in flow area then 2.5" O.D. single piping. (about 25% larger!) Don't let the "2 inch" part fool you.

3" single is basically just sewer pipe.

For example the slightly larger 2" I.D. duals are about 95% of the flow area of 3" O.D. pipe (~141% of 2.5" pipe) and have over 3 times the velocity.

It is VERY easy to oversize dual pipes.
I've seen some people even recommend 2.25" or larger duals! That is well beyond severe overkill. You would be losing significant overall power.

2000 SVT #674 13.47 @ 102 - All Motor! It was not broke; Yet I fixed it anyway.

Moderated by  GTO Pete 

Link Copied to Clipboard