Next Thread
Print Thread
#1194083 02/21/05 11:44 PM
P
Veteran CEG\'er
OP Offline
Veteran CEG\'er
P
Ok, first off let me explain that I have a really bad habit of updating everything. I mean to the point of installing beta software etc. I'm running Mandrake 10.2-beta2 with the 2.6.10-1.mm.12mdk kernel.
So in my adventures I ended up breaking whatever filters are necessary to convert to postscript.
Basically I can print directly from just a few applications such as 'sodipodi', which can print straight to postscript format. But anything else pops up an error message saying the document needs to be converted to postscript before it can be printed. Choosing the option to have the document automatically converted fails.
I have reinstalled everything I could find printer-related, including Ghostscript, CUPS, and the printer-* packages (some of which may have conflicted with ghostscript).

Does anyone know which packages I may have missed or which may solve this problem (before I format '/' and '/usr' and reinstall 10.1 Official)?

'95 'stiqueLS 2.5L ATX S&B / CTA intake KEM Mag-Plus wires 1/4" TH fix Homemade heat shield Xenon bulbs Fog light rewire ATX cooler Flowmaster 942042 Blacked-out pseudo-chrome
C
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
C
Sounds like whatever apps you're trying to print from are not talking to CUPS correctly. CUPS (as I understand it) takes the job from the app and spits it to the printer based on the PS driver used (and converts the job to PS as needed).

So, I'd look a bit closer at the apps you're printing from and not so much at CUPS or the PS utils...

But... don't know much about printing... printers suck. Hardcopy sucks...

--JamesT

>--------------< --Chemguru 99 CSVT Frost /Mid. Blue 00 Suzuki SV650 Red, Naked
P
Veteran CEG\'er
OP Offline
Veteran CEG\'er
P
Thanks for the tip, I'll look farther into the apps.

'95 'stiqueLS 2.5L ATX S&B / CTA intake KEM Mag-Plus wires 1/4" TH fix Homemade heat shield Xenon bulbs Fog light rewire ATX cooler Flowmaster 942042 Blacked-out pseudo-chrome

Link Copied to Clipboard