Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
A
New CEG\'er
OP Offline
New CEG\'er
A
Anyone know why, or if they are out of business. Tried to call them, and its out of service

J
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
J
Unless you are following up on a previously placed order, stay far away from the SHO Shop.

"...first he's gonna s*!t, then he's gonna kill us." 1999 Contour SVT Retrojunk.com
A
New CEG\'er
OP Offline
New CEG\'er
A
why is that, i have been away for a while so fill me in. I just want the filter and heatshield they have. I had it before and it worked great. No one else has heat shields like that

S
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
S
Shoshop shares a building with evo sport. It is the same owner. He told me you can't just make a living off of taurus's and contours. Evo sport works on imports. They will deny this but i confronted them and the owner admitted it. I found this out when sho-shop sent their y-pipe through evosport company. They send their packages with sho-shop on them but check with the shipping company and see where they ship them from. If you call them they will say e-mail him. He is still in buisiness. their number is 1-714-901-3100 they will give you his e-mail. By the way i too wanted that intake in the past it took three months and canceled the order. another time i waited for a y-pipe and he sent me the sho y-pipe. i sold it and it took forever to get me the right products. i would have to say stay away nice guy but not sure how to run a business.

Brian

PLEASE HELP ME GET MY CAR TOGETHER! ITS IN DAYTON OHIO! I need the motor together and in the car so i can DRIVE it! Pleeeeeese! diamond pistons for 3.0/forsale #702 of 2150
H
Scourge of the Master Debaters
Scourge of the Master Debaters
H
Originally posted by Achilles83:
why is that, i have been away for a while so fill me in. I just want the filter and heatshield they have. I had it before and it worked great. No one else has heat shields like that

You're better off making your own. There is one in development, but the development is being done by a CEGer who's priority it is to feed his family I used to have a SHO Shop heatshield, which I think is currently sitting under a pile of other broken Contour parts.

Edit:

Last edited by hetfield; 02/22/05 01:18 AM.

Beer is my Gatorade. Hooray Beer. '98 "Sport" Pacific Green '98 E0 SVT Silver Frost Pictures
A
New CEG\'er
OP Offline
New CEG\'er
A
Im going to take everyones advise and forget sho-shop. I dont understand why other companies havent come up with a heat-shield similar to sho-shops though.

K
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
K
cause it doesnt work that well. i have one. its ok, but there are better ones out there. i bought it when i was a noob.

#4559 of 6535 born on Feb 17, 1998 Black 1998.5 CSVT FOR SALE [cleaning house]: SVT rear swaybar. Reasonable offer and its yours!
A
New CEG\'er
OP Offline
New CEG\'er
A
Mine worked great, summertime in stop and go traffic, i could pop my hood, and the filter would be cool to the touch. Also when i didnt have it on the filter was always hot to the touch in summertime, and the car was tad more sluggish.

R
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
R
SHO Shop, last I heard, doesn't physically exist any more. They used to be located next door to EvoSport which, the owner is Vadim. Last reported on SHOforum, Vadim had 'sold' EvoSport or someone took it over something to that effect.

The last 3-4 years SS's customer service has been very up and down. About two years ago, Tom G. tried fixing it, and made some progress, but then I believe he had a falling out with Vadim and he disappeared.

In my experience, I would say I have had sub-par customer service and I spent some decent coin there in my last dealing with them (Feb '02).

You can find the same products else where for better prices and better customer service.

Bottomline, SHO Shop is not what it used to be and to stay away if you want the correct parts in a timely manner.

Originally posted by svtProdigy:
Shoshop shares a building with evo sport. It is the same owner. He told me you can't just make a living off of taurus's and contours. Evo sport works on imports. They will deny this but i confronted them and the owner admitted it. I found this out when sho-shop sent their y-pipe through evosport company. They send their packages with sho-shop on them but check with the shipping company and see where they ship them from. If you call them they will say e-mail him. He is still in buisiness. their number is 1-714-901-3100 they will give you his e-mail. By the way i too wanted that intake in the past it took three months and canceled the order. another time i waited for a y-pipe and he sent me the sho y-pipe. i sold it and it took forever to get me the right products. i would have to say stay away nice guy but not sure how to run a business.

Brian

Ryan Trollin!

Moderated by  GTO Pete, Trapps_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard