Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
A
New CEG\'er
OP Offline
New CEG\'er
A
Ok, well i have been searching and i cant really find what im looking for. I want opinions from people who have or are knowledgable. On my old CSVT i had the Brullen exaust which was a nightmare to get on (fitting probs.) I always wanted a tru-daul setup. I just bought a 99 silver CSVT with only 34,000K, perfect condition. I am trying to decide which exaust would be better for gains/sound. I dont know of anywhere in MI. i could get a good tru-dual setup so i was leaning towards a catback.. What the difference in power. I have heard both and like the sound of the tru-dual, but i would have to add some resonators due to rasp. Any help??

C
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
C
i have a trubendz 2.5 inch quasi-dual with a flowmaster 40 series in the center and then it curves around the gas tank and then splits into 2 tips at a y-pipe, i got it for 345 and it makes me happy, it sounds awesome.

2002 Cougar 2.5 duratec/ mtx-75 85,0000 Mondeo ST-200 wheels/BFG KDW NT black/black Spec Stage 1 Torsen T-2 Trubendz 2.5 flowmaster dual exaust apexi s-afc II K&N FIPK
G
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
G
Get the true dual set up. I have it on my csvt right now, and it sounds great! They bend the pipes around the gas tank...not under. Anyways, true dual is the best set up for sound/performance on these cars. I have the magnaflow x-pipe, magnaflow resanators and mufflers...YES 4 mufflers, you need it unless you want your car to sound like a weed wacker. And, unless you have a turbo or forced induction application, get 2" or 2.25" piping...2" should do just fine. Hope this helps.

~Jeff~

Failure is simply the opportunity to begin again, this time more intelligently.
A
New CEG\'er
OP Offline
New CEG\'er
A
where did u get it done, and where did u order the pipes from??? Im in Brighton... Also is it crush bent or mandrel bent.. Dont want crush bent

Last edited by Achilles83; 02/20/05 08:51 PM.
P
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
P
Mandrel, from what I recall you will need to order the bends yourself from somewhere online. I assume if you cant weld, you can have a shop weld them and add the lenghts of pipe that need to be straight.

Mandral benders are expensive (what ive heard), so not a whole lot of shops have them

Alex '99 SVT Contour -=|WANTED: Vortech, working or not |=-
D
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
D
DO NOT WASTE your money having a shop make a POS crush bent system!!!

That is just plain assinine.

You are better off running a quality mandrel bent Quasi-dual like a Trubendz then any piece of drek using crush bends.

'nuff said.

2000 SVT #674 13.47 @ 102 - All Motor! It was not broke; Yet I fixed it anyway.
A
New CEG\'er
OP Offline
New CEG\'er
A
Originally posted by DemonSVT:
DO NOT WASTE your money having a shop make a POS crush bent system!!!

That is just plain assinine.

You are better off running a quality mandrel bent Quasi-dual like a Trubendz then any piece of drek using crush bends.

'nuff said.

Deffinently wouldnt waste my money on a crush bent system, just wondering where getlucky had his done, and where he ordered his mandrel bent pieces. Wheres Stazi by the way. I think he told me JC Whitney, but im not sure

D
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
D
Yes JCWhitney has great prices on mandrel bends, piping, and flex joints.

2000 SVT #674 13.47 @ 102 - All Motor! It was not broke; Yet I fixed it anyway.
G
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
G
Originally posted by Achilles83:
where did u get it done, and where did u order the pipes from??? Im in Brighton... Also is it crush bent or mandrel bent.. Dont want crush bent

Yes take these peoples words, get Mandrel bent tubing for sure.

Failure is simply the opportunity to begin again, this time more intelligently.
B
Redneck Troll
Redneck Troll
B
Originally posted by getlucky151:
Get the true dual set up. I have it on my csvt right now, and it sounds great! They bend the pipes around the gas tank...not under.

Under the tank is better. It eliminates 3 bends from each pipe. That also equals a shorter distance traveled for each bank too. It took Demon's design to convice me of this routing and I didn't believe it until I saw his pics, otherwise my tru duals would have looked like his...

http://www.bnmotorsports.com "And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who attempt to poison and destroy my CEG brothers. And you will know I am the Moderator when I lay my vengeance upon you."
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  GTO Pete 

Link Copied to Clipboard