Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
C
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
C
If so, and you're looking for more backlinks to your site, drop me a PM.. I've come across a co-op advertising network that has provided tremendous results for us, and best of all it's FREE!

B
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
B
I don't really care about backlinks, but I got a few sites (all free for now... when my friend gets his car club goin, it will justify me putting all my content there too):

http://kaneo666.tripod.com/ <-- my cars and stuff

http://insayne_kokane.tripod.com/ <-- cool features (like 3 phase transformer wiring, airfield lighting configurations, diodes, etc.) and some random pics I took with regular cameras

http://www.geocities.com/kaneo666/ <-- not used, only like 10MB of storage and very limited bandwidth.

Goin' Round Traffic Circles @ 50Km/h!!! \m/ -- 1998 E0 SVT #2119 of 6535 \m/ -- 2003 Sentra SE-R Spec V
C
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
C
You can add me to your list if it's free, and I don't need to throw lots of banner ads or pop-ups on.

http://www.TurnerComputerSolutions.com

My company, that I can't work at until some time in March

1998.5 T-Red on Midnight Blue SVT Build Number 5320 of 6535
C
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
C
Maybe I should explain this a bit better.. The link network requires you to put a piece of PHP code on each page of your site. This code displays 1-5 text links (you specify the amount), and in return, text links you create get posted on other members websites. Google picks up your links when it spiders these sites, and your site becomes more popular.

http://www.celebrityseats.com/coop.html - If you're looking for more info, everything you need is right there. It's more geared towards commercial websites that are trying to move their way up the search engine results so they can get more traffic to their website.

T
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
T
Still working on getting mine up. Been so busy in the field that I have very little time for it.

www.northbridgecomputers.ca

And another one of my businesses that is starting to get going (not managing the site though)

www.bitkids.ca

Then: 99 Silver Frost SVT #1919 237hp/219tq All Motor Now: 06 White STI Parts 4 sale
E
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
E
Get ready for these links to no longer count. The latest Google update ("The Superbowl Update") has removed much of the benefit of link exchange sites, and co-op networks. Many people saw their backlinks plummet, and with it, so did SERPs and traffic.

The best way to get traffic, and high rankings has always been the same. Write good content, get RELEVANT inbound links (Google "themes" pages now, and themed links are ranked much higher), and make sure your URL's, title tags, and content contain your keywords in relevant, human-readable format (keyword lists no longer count on Google, either).

Following these simple rules, which all seem like common sense to me, I have managed to get my 3 primary websites ranked #1 across all of my targetted keywords. Some of the keywords that I target contain over 10 million results, and I've managed to maintain a #1 ranking across every single one of the latest Google updates, by not relying on BS "black-hat" tactics, which do no good for the Internet in general.

E1

1999 Cougar - Supercharged 3L 1992 Talon TSi - AWD Turbo 1992 Eclipse GSX - AWD Turbo
C
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
C
I'm well aware of the affects of Allegra (AKA The Superbowl Update).. It's all a bunch of bs, and it's STILL not completed, so it's a bit early to be making claims already.. 9 of Google's datacenters haven't even finished updating yet, and from the talk on some of the SEO boards, it looks like Google is possibly reverting back to it's old algo after this new one f'd up everything.

This type of link exchange is undetectable because all it looks like is a non-reciprocated inbound link, the type that Google places more emphasis on than recips. Since backlinks are critical in obtaining high page ranking (which is even explained in depth on Google's site), they can't start discounting it now, without screwing the entire directory. If they start going theme-based, it's going to cause real problems.. But we're already ahead of the game, and with a few changes to the code we'll be able to only exchange links with people in our own category and get by Google once again.

It's amazing how this update has got everyone in a panic. My rank is all messed up on Google right now, but it's stellar on Yahoo and MSN. Google isn't even register high PR genuine links of mine right now, so I know something's not right. But I'm not going to lose sleep over it, because there's 5000+ people in the link exchange that are following this update every step of the way.

Originally posted by EternalOne:
Get ready for these links to no longer count. The latest Google update ("The Superbowl Update") has removed much of the benefit of link exchange sites, and co-op networks. Many people saw their backlinks plummet, and with it, so did SERPs and traffic.

The best way to get traffic, and high rankings has always been the same. Write good content, get RELEVANT inbound links (Google "themes" pages now, and themed links are ranked much higher), and make sure your URL's, title tags, and content contain your keywords in relevant, human-readable format (keyword lists no longer count on Google, either).

Following these simple rules, which all seem like common sense to me, I have managed to get my 3 primary websites ranked #1 across all of my targetted keywords. Some of the keywords that I target contain over 10 million results, and I've managed to maintain a #1 ranking across every single one of the latest Google updates, by not relying on BS "black-hat" tactics, which do no good for the Internet in general.

E1

S
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
S
http://www.spickle.com <---- Personal Web Page (hasn't been updated in a while)

http://www.ripefish.com <---- Fun, not work safe, under construction

The Spickle New Car: Infra Red '04 FSVT Former Car: Black '98 CSVT, #3137/6535 "The Unluckiest car.. ever"
E
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
E
See, the people who are freaking out over this update, and who have seen their sites bounce around, are the people who have used some sort of black-hat SEO. I understand that backlinks count towards PR (I have two PR5 sites, one PR6, and three PR4's), but (and I have the test results to prove this one), unthemed links on Google are no longer counted. This is why so many people have dropped in their SERPs. People who used straight white-hat tactics have seen that the Google datacenters are done with their updates. (For example, my site rankings had stablized 2 days into the Superbowl update, and have stayed static on all DC's since.) On top of that, some of my best sites (with multiple #1 rankings, and PR6) have less than 50 inbound links. Those links, however, are highly targetted. Another thing to remember, is use your keywords inside of your anchor tags. (allinanchor ranking improvements are major)

But, and I cannot stress this enough, good content is key. Here's some of the info from my logs that show how much Google, MSN, etc all love my site, and its content: (This is only Feburary05, nothing more)

MSNBot 25660 948.66 MB
Inktomi Slurp 19906 459.33 MB
AskJeeves 95065 11.23 GB
Googlebot 19735 649.97 MB

Good content, and no new backlinks for the site in 3 or 4 months. Yet when MSN launched I was sitting at #1 for all my keywords, and after the last update Google ranks are more in line in the MSN results.

E1

1999 Cougar - Supercharged 3L 1992 Talon TSi - AWD Turbo 1992 Eclipse GSX - AWD Turbo

Link Copied to Clipboard