Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
W
whiteSE Offline OP
OP Offline
W
Has anyone noticed that if you put a 6.5" and a tweeter in the door,,,doesnt some of the sound gety muffled by the plastic? the perforated area seems to be just enough for 5 x 7's.....
Has anyone increased the perforated area of the plastic screen somehow? or anyone make a hole and just cover it with grills? i am thinking because the Vifa tweeters that I have wont have a good perforated to sound thru...

He's chaaarging!!!...(add scottish accent)...
T
T
I took a tiny drill bit and drilled out as many of those little holes as I could then I accidentally madde a booboo and stopped before I ruined the whole thing

1996 Contour "Mean Green" (99-02)
2002 Malibu Blue Focus ZX5 - something to hold the PB 15...
T
T
NO! I didn't notice it at all. How did you mount them. This is how mine was mounted. however, you do have that 4" tweeter.
[img]http://www.fototime.com/{4F9CAED8-20DE-4725-936D-D66FF3974CC1}/picture.BMP[/img]

1998 SE ATX
Dual exhaust
Body conversion
Nakamichi CD-40z HU
Sound by Crystal Mobile
Powered by a/d/s M860 AMP
My Ride
W
whiteSE Offline OP
OP Offline
W
TonyD,,,I only have a 6.5 inch now using mdf as an adapter. but because the tweeter is so big, I am not sure if it will fit well with the available perforated area. I think that if you have a 1" tweeter you are fine, but the MAMASAN of a tweeter I got will get covered by nonperforated grill...

OK..QUESTION TO ALL:

If the large plastic overang that the Vifa tweeter has overlaps some of the cone area of the 6.5,,,would that be very detrimental to sound>? would that vibration affect the performance of the membrane in the tweeter and distort its sound?

He's chaaarging!!!...(add scottish accent)...
K
K
As long as it does not impead the cone movement of the 6.5, I dont think you'll hear a difference. I actually think it wil be better. Old rule of thumb is to keep the mid and tweet 6" from each center for best alignment.

I have my Q's setup just like TonyD has his, this pulls the image up and toward the listening position. Its a good route to go if you dont want to do kick panels, although with kick panels wiring is sooooooo much easier

2000 SVT Contour #1077/2150 MSDS Headers/B&M Shifter/H&R's/

1995 Contour SE V6 #????/Tons KnuProject, awaiting mass mods
T
T
you should be able to angle mount it to the right of the speaker facing left. Or try something of this nature but covering the whole speaker. Otherwise you may need to cut the doors a bit to make everything fit.

1998 SE ATX
Dual exhaust
Body conversion
Nakamichi CD-40z HU
Sound by Crystal Mobile