Next Thread
Print Thread
S
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
S
O-k...question is:

If you're looking at spending no more than $500 for a brake upgrade, which of the following will give the best bang for the buck?

FSVT brake upgrade from Bill Jenkins.

Wildwood caliper kit from BAT.

Mintex 1144s with good brake fluid on stock SVT set up.

I've got 17s, so clearance is not an issue.

T-red E0 SVT ATS 17x7.5 Comp Lites, 215/45/17 Falken 512s, Ausi Bar, Boxed subframe, Poli all around, Warmonger's Opt Y, Opt TB, AFE, DMD, NGK's, Bendix Ti, Alpine, Polk, Mobil-1 0W-40, Redline MTL.
R
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
R
Wilwood caliper kit...

Ryan Trollin!
T
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
T
Q: When the Wilwood kit needs fresh pads, where can you get them? Are they available at any AP store?

If not, I'd go with the FSVT brakes, just for parts availability. Wilwood kits are MIGHTY cool lookin' though...

Must be that jumbly-wumbly thing happening again.
C
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
C
Originally posted by TourDeForce:
Q: When the Wilwood kit needs fresh pads, where can you get them? Are they available at any AP store?

If not, I'd go with the FSVT brakes, just for parts availability. Wilwood kits are MIGHTY cool lookin' though...

Wilwood pads are available from almost any where that supplies aftermarket brake pads, or Wilwood products. We can get them too, including replacement pads from Hawk too (for Wilwood calipers).

T
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
T
Chris is correct, the WW pad is not hard to get. Only that it requires you open your mind to some new suppliers! No, AZ won't have them...

The two most common pads in the industry are fit for these calipers; first is this one for many of the BAT and other DL caliper kits:

http://www.wilwood.com/BrakePads/004-ILLUS/DWGs/7212.gif

Available in a host of pad compounds to pick from and from many vendors.

Then there is the pad which I use, it to has the same properties of above with regard to supply:

http://www.wilwood.com/BrakePads/004-ILLUS/DWGs/7420.gif

Point being that supply is not a problem once you learn your way around.

Less Bling, more Zing Todd/TCE www.tceperformanceproducts.com
G
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
G
Just got a set of used FSVT calipers / brackets / rotors off car-parts.com for $130. While Wildwoods look nice, this was a great deal.

Art

Moderated by  Andy W._dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard