Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
B
BOFH Offline OP
Hard-core CEG'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG'er
B
Ok, it's a slow day working from home.

Since I've been a "uniballer" since January 1994, should my vasectomy be half price.

Give me some arguments for the Dr before Thursday

Finally, would you get one?

It's easy for me to have it done, I already know what the pain of having one boy removed is like, so I can't see how the big V would be any worse.

What say you, CEG?

TB

"Seems like our society is more interested in turning each successive generation into cookie-cutter wankers than anything else." -- Jato 8/24/2004
T
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
T
i like my nuts, they do well. i have some time before i worry about this issues, and in close OUCH! half the equipment, half the cost, there ya go.

~Alex Ex- SVT Driver627 MUST SELL!!!LOCAL: Pre-98 MOLDED trunk Polk db speakers Corolla parts LED Underbody Kit PM 2000 Green CSVT gone on 2/17/06 2001 Toyota Corolla (SHE RUNS!!!) 1989 Mustang LX 5.0
T
I have no life
I have no life
T
Originally posted by BOFH:

Male equivalent of male menopause? Depression from the fact that you are past your prime? Might as well shoot blanks to keep the possibility of child rearing from coming back? Maybe you'll meet another woman that wants to have a child w/ you. Won't have that option.

-'96 SE MTX 3L -'98 SVT 1,173 of 6,535 -'05 Mazda 6s, loaded, g/f's ride -Need a 96-00 manual on CD? PM or email me
S
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
S
You're a single guy again. I would think you'd be back to having protected sex, at least I'd certainly hope so, for all those things other than pregnancy. Which kinda negates the point, doesn't it?

I can see if you were married and didn't want to have any more kids but don't see the point as a newly-single guy.

2003 Mazda6s 3.0L MTX Webpage 2004 Mazda3s 2.3L ATX
P
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
P
Ok, it's a slow day working from home.

Since I've been a "uniballer" since January 1994, should my vasectomy be half price.

Give me some arguments for the Dr before Thursday

It's easy for me to have it done, I already know what the pain of having one boy removed is like, so I can't see how the big V would be any worse.

What say you, CEG?

TB

I've been shooting blanks myself since I had the procedure done last spring. We're done having kids and it was time to get the wife off the pill before we accidentally had another baby - she was awful about taking that pill on time!

I'd ask for a discount since you're only about half the work. I suppose it depends on the method that's being used - I had the "no scalpel" version with a small puncture wound made in the scrotum, the vas deferens fished out from each side, snipped and clamped, stuffed back in and that's it. Not even a band-aid afterwards. About 15 minutes total in the office after the preliminary paperwork was done, felt like I had been kicked in the nuts for about 2 days and then back to normal.

Scott

Troll! '99 BMW 328i
B
BOFH Offline OP
Hard-core CEG'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG'er
B
Originally posted by todras:

Male equivalent of male menopause? Depression from the fact that you are past your prime? Might as well shoot blanks to keep the possibility of child rearing from coming back? Maybe you'll meet another woman that wants to have a child w/ you. Won't have that option.

I certainly understand the concerns. I really don't want to start over raising a child at 40. I have a daughter who will be 7 this year. I'll be 51 when she turns 18 and in my mid-50's when she is out of college.

So my choice of a mate will include someone who is also not considering having another child.

My first wife came with a child already, and most women I might date have kids right now. (I'm only dating one, so it's not like I'm playing the field.) So I'm all about some light at the end of the tunnel, seeing the kids gone, and spending our 50's taking day trips, three day weekends, maybe a couple of weeks in Europe together, etc.

I know it sounds selfish, but I've lived a good portion of my first 40 years taking care of others. So I just want to enjoy my next partner, or have some reasonable assurance that we won't have close to two decades of child rearing.

But I do want to thank you for thinking of those things. I've thought about this for quite a while now. I'm not trying to change anyones mind, and I don't want mine changed. Just stirring the pot for discussion.

Thanks,

TB

"Seems like our society is more interested in turning each successive generation into cookie-cutter wankers than anything else." -- Jato 8/24/2004
B
BOFH Offline OP
Hard-core CEG'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG'er
B
Originally posted by sigma:
You're a single guy again. I would think you'd be back to having protected sex, at least I'd certainly hope so, for all those things other than pregnancy. Which kinda negates the point, doesn't it?

I can see if you were married and didn't want to have any more kids but don't see the point as a newly-single guy.

I'm all about a multi-layered defense

The woman I've been seeing for the last 7 months now is clean and monogamous, so that's not a concern right now.

A "swimmer" getting to the winners circle is a concern.

TB

S
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
S
I'd like to get one as soon as my wife gives birth. All I ever wanted was 2 kids, and she came with 2. She was determined to have another, and I wanted one of my own. Once the baby arrives, I'm also going to be looking at getting the snip. Oh, and I'm 24.

Back on topic though, you should totally get part off if they snip each bean. But if they do the main line, then I could see it being full cost. Maybe you could talk the doctor into having his plastic surgeon buddy give you a gift certificate for 1 free breast implant

-06 GTO Torrid Red/M6 -98 LS with BPU -05 Honda Odyssey EX-L mv .zig ..\for\great\.justice
B
BOFH Offline OP
Hard-core CEG'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG'er
B
Originally posted by Tater Salad:
I'd like to get one as soon as my wife gives birth. All I ever wanted was 2 kids, and she came with 2. She was determined to have another, and I wanted one of my own. Once the baby arrives, I'm also going to be looking at getting the snip. Oh, and I'm 24.

Back on topic though, you should totally get part off if they snip each bean. But if they do the main line, then I could see it being full cost. Maybe you could talk the doctor into having his plastic surgeon buddy give you a gift certificate for 1 free breast implant

What would I do with one "man boob" ???

L
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
L
what hapened to just pulln out?

98 svt sil/blu 3.0 oval heads full P&P, msds headers,bat kit,2,1/2exhaust 30 inch glasspack and 2 spintech mufflers 14.78@94mph with my mechanical arm i can shift gears in less then a twentieth of a second for sale $7000
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Link Copied to Clipboard