Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
G
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
G
Ok guys and girls....I need some help here! I have a 2000 csvt, with a little over 105k on it Just the other day, I had this little prob start: every time I shift from 1st to 2nd (or to any other gear), right after i press the clutch it seemed the rpm's weren't going down (no, my foot wasn't on the gas!!) and sometimes they rev up on their own. it would rev up slightly, only about a 1/2 rpm while i had the clutch pedal pressed in. Then when I'd let off the clutch, it would take forever for the rpm's to wind down. It's not doing it all the time....so I'm wondering if it's the clutch slipping or not engaging....or if it's something else??? I asked my boyfriend and he said it doesn't sound like it would be the clutch, b/c i'm not hearing any strange noises or anything. I would appreciate anything anyone has to offer, b/c I'm not the best w/ cars!! lol Thanks

~*~Bonnie~*~ Amazon Green 00 SVT Contour, #? of 2150, born 2/00 (bought 7-16-03)
C
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
C
I'm not the brightest with cars either, but it really does not sound like a clutch problem. Sounds more like something to do with that traction control box, but heck I'm not sure. My friends SVT does the same thing, but we figured it was suppose to do that, because when engages the clutch, the rpms don't go down for a couple seconds, and I'm guessing that is for smoother shifting.

1989 Toyota Corolla (Totaled, now father car) 1990 Isuzu Trooper (Sold for more than bought) 1998 Ford Contour SE (Totaled in moutains) 1990 Toyota Supra (Blown head gasket) 1998 Ford Contour SVT (So far so good ::knocks on wood::)
G
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
G
anybody have any ideas?? he just went out and drove it and said it's definitely not the clutch, but he doesn't think it's the IAC either b/c it isn't stalling out at all. it does idle slightly rough though, it normally runs at 750 but while i'm at a stop it will dip down to 500 then go back up. can anyone offer any ideas???? thank you

~*~Bonnie~*~ Amazon Green 00 SVT Contour, #? of 2150, born 2/00 (bought 7-16-03)
S
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
S
Originally posted by GrnSVTour00:
anybody have any ideas?? he just went out and drove it and said it's definitely not the clutch, but he doesn't think it's the IAC either b/c it isn't stalling out at all. it does idle slightly rough though, it normally runs at 750 but while i'm at a stop it will dip down to 500 then go back up. can anyone offer any ideas???? thank you

It sounds like it could be the IAC, but just shooting in the dark, it could be your TPS (throttle position sensor) too. Are you getting any CEL's?

-Chris 2000 SE Sport V6 5spd (all stock except for EO brakes)
R
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
R
Throttle Hang..

it is on the main page of the Contour.org FAQ's....

Install the TH fix, and you will see little to no hang, anymore.

simple, under 30 cents, and painless.

For more info, search the term "throttle hang" in thr troubleshooting forums.

This also is a "most of the time" fix for the moosing that you may or may not have occuring periodically.

I say most of the time because I have read of one user with the TH fix installed who still received the moose once in a while... but no others.

Ray

'99 CSVT - Silver #222/276 In a constant state of blow-off euphoria.
Originally posted by Kremitthefrog:
I like to wear dresses and use binoculars to watch grandmas across the street.

G
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
G
that definitely makes sense....it IS weird how the rpm's just kind of "hang" there! LOL...(don't make fun of me, ok??) thank you for your help and i'll let you know what happens!!!

another note....figuring maybe something was clogged, i put fuel injector cleaner in it today before i filled up. but of course that didn't help! and no.....i'm not getting any CEL'S.

R
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
R
No fun would be made.. that is what this forum is for..

It will be worse on moist humid days..

better on vewry dry cool days.

Simple fix.. just search for it in different forums (TH fix) or look it up on the very main page of contour.org, under FAQS

Ray

'99 CSVT - Silver #222/276 In a constant state of blow-off euphoria.
Originally posted by Kremitthefrog:
I like to wear dresses and use binoculars to watch grandmas across the street.

Moderated by  horseydug_dup1, Ray_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard