Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
D
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
D
I just found out that ford has come out with a new friction moddifier that is called xl-7 which is specifically made for synthetic oils unlike the xl-3 which its design was made to go with dino oils. Sweet!!! I was supposed to have my tranny drained and filled today but i have to tomorrow on account of dumb ford clerks haha. But Im putting in Royal Purple Synthetic oil in my tranny with the new xl-7 in my MTX and ill let you guys know how it is when she is done!!!

Midnight Red 95 Contour SE 5 speed, fully loaded. kkm M.A.F. adapter w/ K&N ru-3530, single Magnaflow muffler w/ no res. 2.25" custom catback exhaust, grafite painted stock 95 SE rims on bfgoodrich touring T/A's, 35% window tint around.
D
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
D
What Royal Purple oil???

Hopefully not a GL-5 gear oil!!!

Any ATF is lacking in protection!

2000 SVT #674 13.47 @ 102 - All Motor! It was not broke; Yet I fixed it anyway.
D
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
D
Its a atx fluid that is supposed to out perform any other syntetic oils. Royal Purple makes engine oil, and atx fluid for engines taking dextron 111 and mercon fluid. (sorry about the sp)

Midnight Red 95 Contour SE 5 speed, fully loaded. kkm M.A.F. adapter w/ K&N ru-3530, single Magnaflow muffler w/ no res. 2.25" custom catback exhaust, grafite painted stock 95 SE rims on bfgoodrich touring T/A's, 35% window tint around.
D
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
D
That's not the point.

The point is ATF does not protect near as well as the properly spec'd gear oil.

Have fun using your ATF...

...I don't know why I repost this all the time.

2000 SVT #674 13.47 @ 102 - All Motor! It was not broke; Yet I fixed it anyway.
S
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
S
Originally posted by DemonSVT:
That's not the point.

The point is ATF does not protect near as well as the properly spec'd gear oil.

Have fun using your ATF...

...I don't know why I repost this all the time.

Demon,

There's a VOA of RP 75W90 on www.bobistheoilguy.com from yesterday. Maybe that's what he's gonna use???

T-red E0 SVT ATS 17x7.5 Comp Lites, 215/45/17 Falken 512s, Ausi Bar, Boxed subframe, Poli all around, Warmonger's Opt Y, Opt TB, AFE, DMD, NGK's, Bendix Ti, Alpine, Polk, Mobil-1 0W-40, Redline MTL.
S
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
S
You DON'T want to use a rear-end type gear oil in an MTX. It's so unforgiving on synchros - some of them are extremely corrosive on the brass used in synchros.

I stand by Redlin MTL - even in temps like 10�°F we've seen here in MI lately, I have NO issues with shifting with this stuff in my trans. The only other stuff that's worth using is the Ford MTX "honey" lube that they sell.

2000 SVT Turbo 295hp/269ftlb@12psi #1 for Bendix Brakes Kits! Knuckles rebuilt w/new bearings $55 AUSSIE ENDLINKS $70 Gutted pre-cats $80/set A lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on mine!
M
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
M
Quote:

XL-3 is the old style for dino oils,new ford spec XL-7
is for ford honey and any other synth lubes....Check
the fluid post and alias jerk etc...TH

Don't check that account near as much as I used to.

Born again on 04/09/06 FOR SALE: Moonroof glass and motor MB sunshade PM ME!
W
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
W
Originally posted by Stazi:
You DON'T want to use a rear-end type gear oil in an MTX. It's so unforgiving on synchros - some of them are extremely corrosive on the brass used in synchros.

I stand by Redlin MTL - even in temps like 10�°F we've seen here in MI lately, I have NO issues with shifting with this stuff in my trans. The only other stuff that's worth using is the Ford MTX "honey" lube that they sell.

The Redline MTL was great it my car, 160,000 miles on the trans, never rebuilt and it felt brand new after putting the Redline stuff in.

1999 Contour SE Duratec ATX My feet and the Stra�Ÿenbahn http://www.tempo-topaz-performance.com/topazsho/ the coolest Topaz ever! To bad it's not mine

Link Copied to Clipboard