Print Thread
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
M
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
M
Originally posted by Stazi:
Originally posted by Daves95Contour:
I just called ford and they said they have no idea what the mtx additive is.. What do i do?

Of course the retard at the parts counter has no idea what an "M-T-X" is, if he did he'd have a real job!

Like someone said, it's called "friction modifier for transmissions"

LMAO!

Born again on 04/09/06 FOR SALE: Moonroof glass and motor MB sunshade PM ME!
A
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
A

Thats the stuff that the ford around here gave me when I got my fluid changed... that is the right stuff right?

98 Corolla LE 1.8L DOHC 1ZZFE TEIN H.Tech Springs Tokico HP series Struts Short ram air intake Tsudo Axel Back Exhaust ... if a jelly fish stung me.. would you pee on the wound?
S
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
S
Originally posted by ALIAS Jerk:

Thats the stuff that the ford around here gave me when I got my fluid changed... that is the right stuff right?

No...it isn't. That's Ford Synthetic tranny oil...not the friction modifier...

T-red E0 SVT ATS 17x7.5 Comp Lites, 215/45/17 Falken 512s, Ausi Bar, Boxed subframe, Poli all around, Warmonger's Opt Y, Opt TB, AFE, DMD, NGK's, Bendix Ti, Alpine, Polk, Mobil-1 0W-40, Redline MTL.
A
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
A
Originally posted by SVT Doood:
Originally posted by ALIAS Jerk:

No...it isn't. That's Ford Synthetic tranny oil...not the friction modifier...

crap. thats what they gave me when I said friction modifyer... Whats the part number of the REAL stuff?

98 Corolla LE 1.8L DOHC 1ZZFE TEIN H.Tech Springs Tokico HP series Struts Short ram air intake Tsudo Axel Back Exhaust ... if a jelly fish stung me.. would you pee on the wound?
S
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
S
F3TZ-19B546-MA (WSP-M2C196-A)

T-red E0 SVT ATS 17x7.5 Comp Lites, 215/45/17 Falken 512s, Ausi Bar, Boxed subframe, Poli all around, Warmonger's Opt Y, Opt TB, AFE, DMD, NGK's, Bendix Ti, Alpine, Polk, Mobil-1 0W-40, Redline MTL.
A
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
A
Originally posted by SVT Doood:
F3TZ-19B546-MA (WSP-M2C196-A)

thank you, theres your number dave...

D
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
D
Thank you so much AliasJerk and everyone that just helped me. You guys are truly awsome people. Not to mention you just saved me my tranny, my money, and lots not need frustration. The ford dealer by my house kept telling me that they did not have the friction moddifier but i called another ford and they told me they have it and that its also called XL3. But thank you everyone! Im glad of this site because they were going to sell me the actual ford atx fluid that is 20 bucks a quart but i wanted to use The royal purple synthetic oil and just add some of this friction moddifer and hopefully end up with a great feeling tranny thanks again everyone!!!

Midnight Red 95 Contour SE 5 speed, fully loaded. kkm M.A.F. adapter w/ K&N ru-3530, single Magnaflow muffler w/ no res. 2.25" custom catback exhaust, grafite painted stock 95 SE rims on bfgoodrich touring T/A's, 35% window tint around.
G
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
G
Should you use friction modifier with Redline MTL?

Failure is simply the opportunity to begin again, this time more intelligently.
S
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
S
OMG, I need the exact same answer as getucky does; I just ordered 3 liters of Redline for my Zetec tranny. Does this stuff have friction modifier in it or do you need to add it?

And if you need to add it, how much do you need to add? 1 liter?

And about how much is a bottle?

B
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
B
have all of you lazy [censored] completely forgotten about the [censored] SEARCH feature?

oh, and hear's another [censored] clue, there is a whole [censored] forum dedicated to the [censored] transaxle! how about looking there??? one guy comes on here needing his [censored] hand held to [censored] breathe and the whole lot of you turn into a [censored] bunch needy whiners! [censored]!

-- 1999 SVT #220 -- In retrospect, it was all downhill from here. RIP, CEG.
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard