Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
P
Veteran CEG\'er
OP Offline
Veteran CEG\'er
P
I was playing Half-Life 2 for the last month or so with Cedega 4.2.x and having no troubles with Mandrake Linux 10.1 with kernels 2.6.8-10 and 2.6.8-12.
I recently 'upgraded?' to Mandrake 10.2-beta1, hehe.

Ummm... sparing the lectures of running beta software, does anyone have advice with running Steam/Half-Life 2 with the 2.6.10.x kernel?? Success or failures??

Basically since I installed the new kernel the game will drop back to the desktop before the menu is displayed.
Before that, it fu**in' rocked!!
I wanna play again

'95 'stiqueLS 2.5L ATX S&B / CTA intake KEM Mag-Plus wires 1/4" TH fix Homemade heat shield Xenon bulbs Fog light rewire ATX cooler Flowmaster 942042 Blacked-out pseudo-chrome
C
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
C
I'm running on the 2.6.10-x kernel with no issues with Steam. Have you tried CVS'ing cedega? Also, run cedega with -debugmsg +err (yes, it'll be damn slow...) and see what's going on.

>--------------< --Chemguru 99 CSVT Frost /Mid. Blue 00 Suzuki SV650 Red, Naked
P
Veteran CEG\'er
OP Offline
Veteran CEG\'er
P
I haven't tried anything since my last post, but another thing came up. I ran f-prot antivirus on /home and it found 32/Tibick.B in my transgaming pseudo-C drive, named "svcnet.exe". Interesting that a virus got installed via cedega. I'm not sure if it did anything or if it ever ran, but thought it was funny to find. I'll try HL2 again and see if any luck.

'95 'stiqueLS 2.5L ATX S&B / CTA intake KEM Mag-Plus wires 1/4" TH fix Homemade heat shield Xenon bulbs Fog light rewire ATX cooler Flowmaster 942042 Blacked-out pseudo-chrome

Link Copied to Clipboard