Print Thread
#1179004 02/07/05 06:44 PM
E
elraido Offline OP
Hard-core CEG\'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
E
My 95 se mtx seems to be running "cool" if that is possible. It barely gets above the low part of the normal line. Should I be worried?

95 SE MTX svt exhaust intake deer killer
N
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
N
T-stat could be bad and stuck open. Not a huge worry as far as breaking down, but what part of NORMAL is your needle now?

"Fear is the little death." Muadib.
E
elraido Offline OP
Hard-core CEG\'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
E
it is actually below the "normal"....it is right above the the left-hand line for it to be in the "normal" range. It does go up in stop and go traffic...but when I hit the highway it goes down again.

95 SE MTX svt exhaust intake deer killer
C
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
C
is there such a thing as too cool? Min stays right at the o in normal. I drive mainly streets, I have noticed that when I get to driving on the high way at any decent speed for a decent period of time 15+ min, then it drops to about the middle of the N

I got a 96 se

1996 Contour V6 2.5L 24V 5 speed Shift knob: pilot Nickel Metallic Millennium Plus Series Foglights: Pilot Pictures: http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/787584
R
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
R
Running cold does not allow the engine to increase to operating temps, and will cause worse gas mileage..

Ray

'99 CSVT - Silver #222/276 In a constant state of blow-off euphoria.
Originally posted by Kremitthefrog:
I like to wear dresses and use binoculars to watch grandmas across the street.

B
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
B
My old 95 ran temps very similiar to yours, at least until the head gasket went south. Not sure about the other Duratecs, but earlies utilize a 180 degree t-stat. My new/old 96 runs about the same also. Usually pegged right on the N or slightly lower. Ambient seems to have an effect too.

After it's warmed up grab the upper rad hose and feel it - that'll tell you whether the t-stat is opening or not.

Redcoat Raceworks. Performance parts and custom fabricating for Contours, Mystiques and Cougars. Specializing in chassis and suspension parts. Custom end links, control arms, strut tower bars, engine torque braces, etc.
C
New CEG\'er
New CEG\'er
C
The needle on my temp gauge goes right up to half way on the gauge. it never goes past and it is the same for city driving and hiway driving. is this higher than what most of you guys are getting? I have a 98.5 SVT. always wondered if this was high even though it is in the normal range.

R
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
R
That is absolutely normal on your SVT

early models, as well as all zetecs seem to note a higer temperature (either through inaccurate senders, or truly higher temps)

98+ duratecs will run you smack dab in the middle.

(info about early models running higher is my own, personal, speculation through previous ownership and prior posts, and not intended as fact.)

'99 CSVT - Silver #222/276 In a constant state of blow-off euphoria.
Originally posted by Kremitthefrog:
I like to wear dresses and use binoculars to watch grandmas across the street.

Link Copied to Clipboard