Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
J
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
J
This morning on the way to work I was just coasting out of my driveway and I felt a slight abnornmal vibration throught stickshift, something was just not right. Looked at the dash and sure enought the check engine light was blinking. I stopped and waited for a minute,and the check engine light went to a solid on.

The engine was not not stuttering or anything, sounded fine. But I felt tremors throught the shifter that suggested otherwise.

Had to get to work, so I kept going without incident. The only thing that was different this morning was that it was colder, close to freezing levels (I live on the west coast).
Car felt fine on the drive to work.

Does a blinking check engine light mean anything? I will pull the codes tonight.

Thanks.

------------------------------------------------- 1996SE sports package, Duratec MTX No mods yet. 80K Kilometers. ------------------------------------------------- Wife has 1996GL Zetec ATX.
H
Scourge of the Master Debaters
Scourge of the Master Debaters
H
A blinking CEL means there's a misfire. The code will tell you what cylinder(s). Hopefully its as simple as a bad plug or wire.

Beer is my Gatorade. Hooray Beer. '98 "Sport" Pacific Green '98 E0 SVT Silver Frost Pictures
J
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
J
Thanks.

Well I did the plugs about a year ago, still have the origional wires as they looked good when I did the plugs.

See what the codes tells me tonight.

Engine has been good to me so far.

------------------------------------------------- 1996SE sports package, Duratec MTX No mods yet. 80K Kilometers. ------------------------------------------------- Wife has 1996GL Zetec ATX.

Moderated by  horseydug_dup1, Ray_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard