Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
B
CEG'er
OP Offline
CEG'er
B
Well,

I sold one of 2 of my 95 Contours. I finally broke down and went out and purchased a new 2005 Hyundai Sonata LX with sunroof and heated leather seats.......

I just couldn't force myself to buy another Ford....

Bob

An ounce of prevention provides a pound of cure!
A
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
A
despite what some people say, hyundai's are pretty good car. I have a friend who has a 1998 Elantra with an ATX. 1.8L He has 110K miles on it, and has had to do brakes, a coil pack, plugs, and wire, and the regular oil changes. It runs great as it is to, still the origional timing belt.

98 Corolla LE 1.8L DOHC 1ZZFE TEIN H.Tech Springs Tokico HP series Struts Short ram air intake Tsudo Axel Back Exhaust ... if a jelly fish stung me.. would you pee on the wound?
J
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
J
I am pretty sure you will enjoy the new ride. I bought a 04 XG350L when they first released. Probably one of the better values on the market right now. Hope you got the 3.5, it is a pretty good horse, took mine down to Mexia last summer to go fishing with the FIL, great trip.

Now the dig "Is that some burnt orange I'm smellin?"

What in the world do you need heated seats for? (asked Raider Red) Come on up here and dig a little snow you will see what those heated seats are really for.

jkr2wld '97 LX 2.5 ATX Vibrant White
B
CEG'er
OP Offline
CEG'er
B
I test drove the 2005 xg350. It is a very nice car. I just didn't want something that large. The Sonata's largest engine is the 2.7L V6. Not quite as powerful as what is in the XG350's but it is still plenty for me.

Even though I live in Austin, it does get cold here and placing my delicate buns on some warm leather is comfy....

Bob

T
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
T
Originally posted by ALIAS Jerk:
despite what some people say, hyundai's are pretty good car.

Really, I heard the exact opposite from a Hyundai owner from my work. She said her Check engine light stays on, her trans is starting to slip majorly, they cant find replacement parts (Tail lights, it IS a female Driver )
As she said tho, she stopped putting money into it because no matter how much she puts in, more problems come out, it is a 97 btw, looks like a Ford aspire I think, its small tho, and a 3 door hatchback, Convincing her to buy a Ford Contour

My Ford ownership has been an enjoyable experience

Former owner of a 1995 Ford Contour GL w/ 2.0L ATX Proud owner of a 2005 Ford Taurus SE 3.0L V6 Vulcan --Looking for Commodore stuff (Drives, Units, Amiga, games, etc)If anyone has any of this laying around and wants it gone, lemme know --
D
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
D
i recently had a rental '04 sonata and it was a very nice car, however im not sure if i would want to own one myself. i have a friend with an '03 tiburon and she has had mostly workmanship problems like pieces of her cental counsel coming loose. considering its not even 2 years old, thats not a well made car. its a fine rental, but i couldnt commit to that kind of liability

'98.5 Black Ford Contour SE Sport 5-speed. All the SE Sport features with all the 98features that were supposed to be decontented for 98.5 '04 Silver Toyota RAV4 L Auto. Fully loaded.
B
CEG'er
OP Offline
CEG'er
B
I feel pretty safe. The car has a 10 year, 100,000 power train warranty and 5 year 60,000 bumper to bumper warranty....For 850 dollars I could have extended the bumper to bumper to 10 year or 100,000 miles.....

Consumer Reports rates this car VERY highly.

Bob

Z
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
Z
I too jumed onto Hunydai's banwagwon, bought a 05 Elentra(5 door)to replace my 95 se,so far have put 80 miles on it,overall it's a great car,much more power in low rpm and comfortable than a Civic and Crorola except a lot of cheap hard plastic ,gas mileage seem so so beased on the gas needle movement, I think that's the trad off for the power.I'm a Honda fan(had been owned a 86 Accord)if not for the wanrannty I'd had gone for a Accord.

For sale: How about a $2,000 95 Conotur? v6,5 speed,abc tc,
excllent engine,tranny need work(grinding)and
fornt bearing , only 91k miles. abc4435@aol.com

C
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
C
"For sale: How about a $2,000 95 Conotur? v6,5 speed,abc tc"

needs tranny
needs ecu rewiring
needs new springs struts

you buy it for cheap then fix it up
just do not get it totalled cuz insurance company will pay only market value which is half the cost of fixing it up to run properly

C
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
C
btrautman the tour you sold is that the one on which you did the illustrated tranny rebuild?

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  GTO Pete, Trapps_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard