Print Thread
Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
S
S
Quote:
Originally posted by HellaHydro:
Quote:
Originally posted by svtcarboy:
[b]Blue, what was your car's list price? That is the figure I use to make value comparisons. The reductions due to bargaining and a trade in would apply to any car.

My issue is why must I choose between sport and luxury? I may find fault with with the WRX for lacking features, but I find just as much fault with the Maxima, Jetta, and the like for being too soft. The IS300 comes close, but fatal flaws make it impossible for me to buy.

When it comes down to it, compared to cars of its day, the SVT Contour provided an unmatched level of performance, amenities, style, practicality, and value with very few compromises. That is what makes it a vehicle that has not been matched since. Other cars may surpass it in one facet or another, but no car gives as much in one area without taking away more in another.

When I have a car that gives it all to me now, why should I settle for a compromise?
svtcarboy I'd appreciate it if you'd get out of my brain and stop using my thoughts before I have the time to respond.
laugh [/b]
I agree also. That's why I bought the car. Price, performance, styling and practicality; all of which the CSVT delivers in spades (in its class of course).

If you want a drag strip car and are tired of FWD, just get a new cobra. Hell, even a used one would be pretty dang sweet.

98.5 SVT Black/Blue
As Thomas Jefferson was fond of saying, "The price of freedom is eternal vigilance."
If you're driving 60 in the left lane do us all a favor, GTFOOTW..
D
D
Quote:
Originally posted by Fmr12B:
I beg of you to go to IIRC Minusa.com and start in for options that interest you. I built a nice MiniS and was at 22K without the NAV system and other options. Hell the metallic paint is a $400 option. BMW-Mini has a low base price but the options really really add up!
When I did the build-a-mini on the site, I chose the regular mini. I've read that the mini s doesn't feel like a 7-second car so, to me, it's not really worth the extra 3 or 4 grand. A mini is exclusive with or without the turbo. Plus, it was for my girlfriend...'nuff said. :rolleyes:

Darren
'98 Mystique LS -Duratec, MTX
Nakamichi CD-40z, Knauberized, K&N drop-in...what else could you want? wink
H
H
i'll agree w/ some that the wrx is not aesthetically pleasing along w/ the g35. i also dont care for the nissans either. u can give me a 500hp car thats ugly as all hell and i wouldn't take it. there had better be some killer body kits available to spruce it up.

why can't subaru make a wrx version of the legacy. the impreza is too small. wrx legacy and i'm all over that.

...and yes, I did SEARCH first before asking.

AIM:omegazodiac

95 gl
99 contour svt #1750/2760
built 4/6/99
black/tan
plates, not personalized (###-REV)
amsoil series 2000 oil & filter~amsoil tranny fluid cocktail~tint: 35% windshield/front doors,20% rear window/rear doors~black oval/rear strip~nyceboi rear emblem~aussie grills~hella led sidemarkers~piaa superwhite low's~piaa extreme reverse lights~door dingless (knauberized)~hood liner removed~black '95 sail panels~trunk cargo net~mondeo hood struts~ford racing red 9mm wires~autolite double plat plugs~jensen hu~recontented dash clock(it rocks)~clifford ag4 security
S
S
Go for the WRX if you like the way it drives. I have heard nothing but love for the car in every magazine I have read. Yeah it's not the most agressive looking car but every magazine says its a blast to drive. My dad's A4 quattro has the same kind of balance that they talk about in the WRX. If it's understeering sometimes all you need to do is give it more gas and the rear will pull around. I like the WRX interior. It has a very sporting feeling. The magazines feel this way also. I dont know where you can get off call it an econobox interior. The seats and dash materials are light years beyond the SVT's dated plastics and whatnot. It doesn't make a difference what other people say about the car it's how the test drive makes you feel about it.

1998 SVT #95: Toreador Red - SHM headers,K&N Filter, Energy Suspension MM inserts, Cross Drilled Rotors,Redline Tranny Fluid, Custom Billet Aluminum Shift Knob
A
A
I think the WRX is very aesthetically pleasing, and the G35 is gorgeous IMO.

Who said the WRX doesn't come with leather? My friend's "Silver Series" has leather...very very comfortable seats! The dash does appear a step down from the CSVT, but I would't consider it economical. Performance wise, its a no-brainer. The WRX hands-down hauls more @ss. Match that with a 4WD and you've got yourself a damn potent car. All it needs is a stereo system. All said and done, Im tied between the WRX's performance/building aftermarket and the CSVT's individuality/classier appearance.

Heres cars Id consider if you want to leave FWD and spend 25k or less:

Audi A4 Quattro
Mustang GT
Eclipse GSX
Subaru WRX

98 Merc. Mystique LS

Red Wings and US Soccer 0wn j00!
S
S
Well, that is the problem I have with car magazines: they never disagree with each other. This proves a lack of journalistic integrity, as no two automotive enthusiasts are in such accord on all things automotive, much less the much larger number of writers involved. The magazines are only good as a source of statistics.

They also tend to perpetuate the myth of RWD superiority. The SVT Contour is in no way hampered by its FWD layout and gains interior room and cargo space from it.

Which wheels do the driving should in no way be considered in a car's ability to be a performance sedan.

You can pillage an enemy once, but a customer is an endless resource.

James Oerichbauer - PFPC Global Fund Services

Ross: 1998 E0 SVT Contour, Toreador Red, Konis, Superchip, KKM w/heat shield, SHO-shop y-pipe and rear strut brace, no res, ScotchCal, Moda Sport 16x7.5 wheels with 205/55ZR16 Dayton Dayton tires... more
Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  GTO Pete, Trapps_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard