Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
A
OP Offline
A
My family and I were given a '96 Ford contour with the 2.5L 24V V6. It has a automatic transaxle that is completely gone. The car will barely move when the throttle is pressed. The car has 100,000 on it and is otherwise in perfect shape. We have been looking localy in the N. California area for a good quote. We have been quoted around $2500 to do the job. That seems extremely high! I am hoping some of the other users of this board could point me to a better source for the transmission or a good shop in the Grass Valley, Sacramento area.

S
New CEG\'er
New CEG\'er
S
Originally posted by anniesball:
My family and I were given a '96 Ford contour with the 2.5L 24V V6. It has a automatic transaxle that is completely gone. The car will barely move when the throttle is pressed. The car has 100,000 on it and is otherwise in perfect shape. We have been looking localy in the N. California area for a good quote. We have been quoted around $2500 to do the job. That seems extremely high! I am hoping some of the other users of this board could point me to a better source for the transmission or a good shop in the Grass Valley, Sacramento area.

This place is local to me and if I can't get my leak sovled on my own I plan of giving them a shot:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=7951502583&category=33727&sspagename=WDVW

With $2000ish being the going rate for many people to get their broken trans fixed, $900 for one ready to go with a torque converter seems like a great option.

For me it's especially good because I won't have to deal with the shipping and can bring my core with when I go get it.

Anyone have any experience with these guys?

Shawn

'98 Contour SE Sport v6 ATX - totaled in August of '05 '95 Mustang GT Convertible - 5-Speed.
F
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
F
I'm currently doing a rebuild for a friend who bought my used 99 CD4E. I should be done very soon and will be posting my tutorial. I'd be willing to do the same for you. PM me for details.

U
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
U
Originally posted by fastcougar:
I'm currently doing a rebuild for a friend who bought my used 99 CD4E. I should be done very soon and will be posting my tutorial. I'd be willing to do the same for you. PM me for details.

HINT! HINT! HINT!

Phillip Jackson `98 Mystique LS 262K+ and counting... ATX rebuilt @ 151K "This storm has broken me, my only friend!" RIP Dime
B
CEG'er
CEG'er
B
LOL!

Bob

An ounce of prevention provides a pound of cure!

Moderated by  RoadRunner_dup1, unisys12 

Link Copied to Clipboard