Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
T
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
T
OK, so last night i picked up some of the prestone de-icer fluid. I ran the system dry first, then replaced the fluid with the new fluid. This morning, nothing. Lots of motor whirrrrring, but only a minute ammount of fluid dribbled out. What gives?

A
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
A
You didn't say whether you parked indoors overnight or not.....my guess is that there's still an ice block in the line...my $.02......

Is the smoke alarm in your house also known as the dinner bell? '99 Zetec VCT Daily Driver Mild Air Filter Mod
C
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
C
Yup, sounds like the problem. I had the same problem with mine.

I ran out of summer fluid earlier this month and I refilled it with some winter fluid. But I didnt use it right after refilling it. The next day it would not work at all. It took about 3 days of trying it for it to work because of the cold weather we were having. After a few days it warmed up enough for it to work and haven't had a problem since.

Tony 1998 SVT Contour (B/MB) #542 3L 1998 SVT Contour (SF/MB) #1266 parts car 2000 SVT Contour (SF/MB) #1533 3L swap to begin!
G
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
G
Yea, my moms exploder is having the same problem right now.

Failure is simply the opportunity to begin again, this time more intelligently.
T
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
T
Yeah, that was it, it was fine at lunch. I guess there was stil some of the old crap in the line. The new stuff isnt supposed to be able to freeze up.

Moderated by  horseydug_dup1, Ray_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard