Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
R
Hard-core CEG'er
Online Content
Hard-core CEG'er
R
I have an alpine HU (CDA-9807 IIRC?) that my sister installed in the car and I inadvertently "inherited" when she bought a new car ...

I personally am not a huge fan of the interface of this head unit ... it's rather limiting and I think trying to scroll text (as browsing an iPod's playlist) would be too tedious.

Instead, I bought the $20 alpine-input-to-RCA cable (still angry about how much that thing cost for all it does) and a six-foot RCA-to-1/8" cable. I snaked this wire through a hole in the dash underneath the head unit's location, and have my iPod rest in the parking brake cubby area. This way, I can very easily use all buttons and the scroll wheel by my right hand, and if I need to view my playlist I can quickly hold it up into view. It's also more versatile, because if I have a friend without an iPod then he or she could connect his device to my Alpine's input. I have a third generation iPod, whose touch-sensitive buttons are a bit too sensitive, so it helps to have it in one given location where I know where each button is and don't have to feel my way through the interface (as you would if it were on the passenger seat, in the cupholder, or in the glove compartment).

My 2c ... I don't think they've refined the interface enough to be worth the trouble of scrolling the playlists via the head unit.

S
svt4stv Offline OP
Addicted CEG\'er
OP Offline
Addicted CEG\'er
S
good point. im now reconsidering..
where did you buy the alpine rca input thingy at? and what was the rca to 1/8 for? im new to this.
i have the same radio. it doesnt have any inputs, how does your setup work?

Last edited by svt4stv; 01/24/05 08:37 AM.

Originally posted by Tourgasm:
Sometimes you can mess up a word so bad that spell check doens't know what the hell you're talking about.

H
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
H
There is this one with the RCAs RCAs
then this one that goes straight to the headphone port
headphone

1995 ford contour v6 5 speed , even though its not mine yet... http://www.cardomain.com/id/hyperlitenerd
P
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
P

This is the OEM product used by the car manufactures. Works VERY well. It should, my roomie works for them.

www.densonusa.com

C
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
C
Originally posted by hyperlitenerd:
There is this one with the RCAs RCAs
then this one that goes straight to the headphone port
headphone

Just remember that these parts listed above will only work with M-Bus alpines and not A-Bus. So it will only work with the lower Alpines for instance CDM-9821-9823 It won't work with the higher end units like CDA-9825-9835
This goes for the the units made before 2005. Some of the 2005 Alpines are being re-designed with E-Bus and I don't know which come with which yet.

2000 SVT Black/Tan #1633/2150 (a few mods) Alpine: CDA-9835, MRV-F540, MRD-M550 PG: TANTRUM-X 6.5 COMP all around. Some people wear Superman pajamas. Superman wears Chuck Norris pajamas. CEL currently: Off
C
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
C
Actually I take back some of what I said above.. There is no such thing as an "E-bus" If alpine has CDE in the model # it means that there is no cd changer control. It just so happens that all the 2004 models had changer control of some sort. For 2005, their lower models won''t have it.

2000 SVT Black/Tan #1633/2150 (a few mods) Alpine: CDA-9835, MRV-F540, MRD-M550 PG: TANTRUM-X 6.5 COMP all around. Some people wear Superman pajamas. Superman wears Chuck Norris pajamas. CEL currently: Off
E
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
E
I have a Neo mp3 jukebox in my car and have it hooked up to my pioneer headunit so I control it with that. It thinks it is a cd changer and change folders just like any pioneer mp3 playing headunit. I seriously don't see why more people don't get one. You can also upgrade the harddrive your self and put in a 160 gigs!!! check out www.ssiamerica.com for them.

95 SE MTX svt exhaust intake deer killer
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  dnewma04_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard