Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
J
OP Offline
J
Hey Guys,

New to this car had it about 4 months now and transmission starting to slip have put it down to 2 lower gear, to pick up speed then back in drive took to cottman transmission they said about 1300 I could drive it to my dads house only 145miles he said he could do it if its rear wheel drive not front. However im not sure what it is vin is 1FAFP6636WK275546 are all the same? Its automatic by the way thanks

B
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
B
All contours/mystiques are front wheel drive.

95 Contour Zetec, ATX (wrecked, sitting in the barn) 95 Mystique Zetec, MTX 2000 Taurus SEL 3.0L Duratec 1994 Crown Victoria LX 4.6 V8 1993 Chevy Silverado 4.3 V6
S
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
S
pick up a mtx-75 (manual) transmission if you plan on modding. If you have any questions feel free to pm me.
Might as well do a 3.0 engine swap while you are at it. Its not that much more labor time to take out the motor. Note: Only do it if you have lots of money though because you will get mod hungry..

PLEASE HELP ME GET MY CAR TOGETHER! ITS IN DAYTON OHIO! I need the motor together and in the car so i can DRIVE it! Pleeeeeese! diamond pistons for 3.0/forsale #702 of 2150
B
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
B
Originally posted by svtProdigy:
pick up a mtx-75 (manual) transmission if you plan on modding. If you have any questions feel free to pm me.
Might as well do a 3.0 engine swap while you are at it. Its not that much more labor time to take out the motor. Note: Only do it if you have lots of money though because you will get mod hungry..

-- 1999 SVT #220 -- In retrospect, it was all downhill from here. RIP, CEG.
R
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
R
Wow. I don't think I'd pm you...seeing how he doesn't have a MANUAL.

Ryan Trollin!
E
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
E
Originally posted by RTStabler51:
Wow. I don't think I'd pm you...seeing how he doesn't have a MANUAL.

While we are at it, we can add a turbocharger, supercharge the flux capacitor and NAWWWS!

· Jon Miconi · Coming Soon! · 01 Cougar · 98 V70R
R
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
R

its a lot harder in these cars to swith form one type of trnasmission to another....On person has done it on this boards and has had problems.

Just junk the suto and get a manual contour....it will save you time and money.

Lupe

3.0 SVT hybrid...all the fixens...Track/Race ready very soon!!!!!! 20,000 + miles
F
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
F
Originally posted by bentleywarren:
All contours/mystiques are front wheel drive.

Now come on, even if you aren't a car guy u should know that!!! Gotta love noobs

A Contour is not just a car, it's an experience 99 T-Red SE Zetec ATX Born April 16, 1999 98 E0 Silver Frost CSVT #3175/3565 Born August 21st, 1997 Stored at P.R.T. for the winter 67 Mustang 289 project car
S
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
S
I got rid of my mystique because is was auto...Some shop actually told me it would be cheaper to go out and buy an svt, so thats exactly what i did. Now i look back and think it was not worth it. If you owe money on a car never go out and spend 9,000 when you could pimp your car just as nice for that same price with out being upside down on the car you are trading in.

PLEASE HELP ME GET MY CAR TOGETHER! ITS IN DAYTON OHIO! I need the motor together and in the car so i can DRIVE it! Pleeeeeese! diamond pistons for 3.0/forsale #702 of 2150
F
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
F
Originally posted by bigMoneyRacing:

its a sad day in CEG history

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RoadRunner_dup1, unisys12 

Link Copied to Clipboard