Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
P
New CEG\'er
OP Offline
New CEG\'er
P
I looked just now and it's a 4cyl. ztech vct. just kept getting confused when reading these sites. thanks.

Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
the 6cyl was only standard from 95 through 97. optional in late 98 when they started to really cheapen the contour, and the SE was bumped down a spot from top model to second behind svt.....and cougar have been available with the squirrel motor since the introduction of the new edge cougar

"Youth ages, immaturity is outgrown, ignorance can be educated, and drunkenness sobered, but STUPID lasts forever."-Aristophanes. --93 pgt,headers,intake,borla=14.9 1/4mile
F
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
F
V6 was standard equipment with the SE package for 95 & 96. I have a couple of 97 SE's with the Zetec right now. 97 seems to be the year Ford started taking away standard equipment on the Contour line up. I just thought I would clarify before some one with a 97 SE gets worried that their V6 was replaced with a 4 banger.

Parting out 95-97 Contours/Mystiques. Contact me directly at ALFIGOLS@yahoo.com if you're looking for a particular part.
S
New CEG\'er
New CEG\'er
S
I ordered my 98 with the 4 cylinder which was standard for the se. Car is actually a 98.5

P
New CEG\'er
OP Offline
New CEG\'er
P
Thank you, I need to remember not to believe all I read on these car sites.

P
New CEG\'er
OP Offline
New CEG\'er
P
thanks. i've only had honda's, chrysler, and chevy's before, so I know very little about ford cars and models. This place helps me out a lot.

R
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
R
Originally posted by tour96se:
the 6cyl was only standard from 95 through 97. optional in late 98 when they started to really cheapen the contour, and the SE was bumped down a spot from top model to second behind svt.....and cougar have been available with the squirrel motor since the introduction of the new edge cougar

Yes, but have you ever seen an 98+ SE Sport with the Zetec?

Up until now I believed the V6's were standard on those. Zetecs are common on regular 98.5+ SE models, but I haven't ever seen an SE Sport with one.

R
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
R
There are by my count 10 or so 1998 and 1999 SE Sports in my hometown, and mine is the ONLY one that has a V6. (I know this because all the others don't have the V6 on the tach, or the 24v emblem on the trunk.) In fact, I think I have one of three out of 20 or so tours in town with a V6. People around here don't order cars, they just buy whats on the lot, and our local Ford dealer ordered every Contour he sold as a 4 cylinder. So yeah, you can find a SE Sport made in 98-99 with a zetec.

B
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
B
Originally posted by 98 SE:
Originally posted by tour96se:

Yes, but have you ever seen an 98+ SE Sport with the Zetec?

Up until now I believed the V6's were standard on those. Zetecs are common on regular 98.5+ SE models, but I haven't ever seen an SE Sport with one.

I beleive all the sport in SE Sport means is you get the side skirts and spoiler as well as the leather wrapped steering wheel and shift knob with the manual, possibly fog lamps also

SE use to mean the V6 and the above, plus leather and the SE wheels, etc, but as you pointed out in 98 that was changed and all the models were bumped down one

- 95 Mystique LS - Zetec/5spd - 99 Contour SeVT Sport - Duratec/5spd Official NE-CEG Contour/Mustang Family
S
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
S
Originally, they were producing the Cougars with the L4 in them as well down in Flat Rock. When they had SEVERAL on the lot, someone big shooter decided to take one for a spin and due to the lack of power the L4 produced, decided to pull all of them from the plant parking lot and put the V6 in them. To the best of my knowledge, the newer Cougar was never released to the public with the L4.

I'll put holes in him!!
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  horseydug_dup1, Ray_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard