Next Thread
Print Thread
#1157607 01/16/05 01:30 AM
D
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
D
Im driving around a corner and my passenger door flys open...

I tried closing the door but it wont stay closed. I tried locking/unlocking - nothing...

Any ideas how much this is going to be to fix? I live in Canada and lately it has been VERY cold. I even had problems opening my door a couple of days ago...

1999 Ford Contour SE (Black) S&B Powerstack Air Filter Brullen Cat-Back Exhaust System (Loud Setup) Sylvania SilverStar Headlight Bulbs MSN Messenger: ddasilva99@hotmail.com
#1157608 01/16/05 02:50 AM
R
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
R
Will it not close FLUSH, or not latch... if it won't close flush with the rest of the body, then the latch may have been manually pushed in, on the inside edge of the door (I'm sure you've done this to your parents door, as a kid...)

If it goes flush, but won't latch, then check the latch for it to be binding, etc... Open the passenger door and look at the latch, while opening the door from the inside, or outside... see if the latch moves freely, etc. Try a little WD-40 on the mechanism, see if it can be freed up.

Ray

'99 CSVT - Silver #222/276 In a constant state of blow-off euphoria.
Originally posted by Kremitthefrog:
I like to wear dresses and use binoculars to watch grandmas across the street.

#1157609 01/16/05 03:30 AM
R
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
R
this alaways used to happen to me when ever i would get my car washed and if it was cold the next morning. the driver side door would not stay shut. i fixed this by puting a heavy coating of lithium greese on the latch. it has been over a year now. and i have had many washes on cold nighs with no problems so far

RIP Frank Foreman. March 15 2005. died in a tragic car crash at the age of 18.<Drive Safe> 1995 Contour gl Zetec auto. 178000km
#1157610 01/16/05 03:45 AM
A
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
A
Originally posted by ddasilva99:
Im driving around a corner and my passenger door flys open...

I tried closing the door but it wont stay closed. I tried locking/unlocking - nothing...

Any ideas how much this is going to be to fix? I live in Canada and lately it has been VERY cold. I even had problems opening my door a couple of days ago...

This happened to me on a day where my doors got REALLY cold and froze. Put the car in a garage (better for it to be heated) and let the whole car warm up for a while. that solved my problem.

98 Corolla LE 1.8L DOHC 1ZZFE TEIN H.Tech Springs Tokico HP series Struts Short ram air intake Tsudo Axel Back Exhaust ... if a jelly fish stung me.. would you pee on the wound?

Moderated by  horseydug_dup1, Ray_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard