Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
S
S
Quote:
Originally posted by SVeeT:
Quote:
Originally posted by horseydug:
[b]OK if you simply want OEM antenna to stay down:

Peel back carpet at pass side of trunk to reveal antenna mast/motor assembly. You will see one coaxial rf (radio frquency) cable that comes from front of car and plugs into a socket on base of antenna mast. You will also see a brown plastic antenna module box mounted to antenna mast with a black electrical connector. (There is a connector that also goes to just beside motor - ignore).
The wires to the black connector come from driver's side of car, running across rear of trunk.

Disconnect black connector to prevent antenna up/down operation. Connectors usually require a plastic locking tab to be released before and while you are pulling apart.
I have a WHITE connector that goes into the Brown plastic modedule box. (You listed to pull out a BLACK connector)

Am I not looking in the right spot? I tried to pull out the WHITE connector from the box, but it didn't happen. The plug is well in there like it's not supposed to be removed or something. (I know that there is a lil lock release)[/b]
If you disconnect the power antenna, it won't go up or down. It prevents ALL operation. What's the use of having one then?

1999 SVT #900/2760
Born on 1-20-99
Silver Frost/Midnight Blue
A few aesthetic and audio mods
H
H
I just responded to your PM, saying wiggle white connector while trying to pull apart(while keeping locking tab depressed). Alternately you could pull the plug going to the motor (it has wires coming from the white one).

Re previous post. This is simply a reversible way of keeping antenna from operating, if you mainly/solely listen to CD player, since there is no separate fuse for antenna. FM reception should still be possible in urban ares, however AM will not be.

Edit @8:45pm:
NOTE: References to black 8 pin connector in my prior posts are wrong. Connector is white.

98 Mystique LS v6 atx 110,000km
97 Contour LX v6 atx 125,000km
stock CD on LS, cass on LX
spoiler, tinted windows on LS only
4 wheel discs on LX only
All other available options on both
S
OP Offline
S
thank you sir, I now know I'm on the right track smile

'99 SVT Silver Frost
Love to read up on any mods.
Any recommendations, feel free to let me know.
AIM: PlayT88
H
H
You're welcome, and once again sorry for causing confusion with the connector color.

Look forward to your final post of satisfactory non-operating rear satellite. smile

P.S. Please read your PMs so I can delete.

4 wheel discs on LX only
S
OP Offline
S
Quote:
Originally posted by horseydug:
P.S. Please read your PMs so I can delete.
I always read my PMs and check mail frequently. I'm just an up-to-date kind of guy :p

'99 SVT Silver Frost
H
H

4 wheel discs on LX only
S
OP Offline
S
Just thought I'd post this off of my PM to horseydug...

We were talking about the Antenna and how to unhook it...

Well I took care of that in a stylish fashion. I finally got it unhooked so it went neither up nor down. Then I did some thinking...I wonder if I could plug it back in until the Antenna starts to go up and then unplug it? Thats exactly what I did and now I have a little euro Antenna with perfect reception! It stands about a foot or so high and looks great!!

Thanks for all your help
Brenden

'99 SVT Silver Frost
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  dnewma04_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard