Next Thread
Print Thread
#1152123 01/11/05 04:59 AM
C
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
C
Well, first off the lights behind the temp guage have burned out recently so it's a bit hard to see the gauge. Anyway, on the way home from work tonight I started her up and turned the heat on to the floor, low speed. After I felt she had warmed up a bit I turned it to the panels, and to my surprise it was still cold air. I checked the temp guage and the needle was right on the L. I pulled over and shut it off immediately.

Popped the hood, checked the engine bay in general...the coolant had frozen completely over and had not been in circulation. Anyway, the car is going in tomorrow, I'm just in question about if I cause any damage to the engine? It came close to overheating but didn't actually redzone. It's the 2L Zetec. Thanks in advance.

'96 Contour GL T-Red Finally with pictures! http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2059584
#1152124 01/11/05 05:29 AM
R
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
R
Temperature specifications on coolant temp are made with a generous "buffer" I am sure... it was still on "L" which is within the NORMAL range...

I wouldn't SUSPECT any damage to be had, but taking it to a mechanic couldn't be a bad idea. Antifreeze is your friend.

Ray

'99 CSVT - Silver #222/276 In a constant state of blow-off euphoria.
Originally posted by Kremitthefrog:
I like to wear dresses and use binoculars to watch grandmas across the street.

Moderated by  horseydug_dup1, Ray_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard