Print Thread
Page 4 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
C
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
C
Originally posted by todras:
Originally posted by cjbaldw:

Take it for what it is. To anyone who forms their beliefs based upon a fiction novel, you're in trouble, seek help.

Right on.

I'm ASSuming that you're including the Bible as well...

>--------------< --Chemguru 99 CSVT Frost /Mid. Blue 00 Suzuki SV650 Red, Naked
T
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
T
Originally posted by chemguru:

Take it for what it is. To anyone who forms their beliefs based upon a fiction novel, you're in trouble, seek help.

Right on.

ooooooooooooooooooo

05 RX-8 GT
F
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
F

Right on.

And mark this as the point where this thread officially starts to go downhill....

Formerly known as Sneaku I MISS MY BABY!!! '00 Blk CSVT #1087/2150 built 12/23/99
S
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
S
*marked*

Originally posted by Tourgasm:
Sometimes you can mess up a word so bad that spell check doens't know what the hell you're talking about.

D
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
D
The funny thing is "angels and demons" makes the catholic church look way worse than DC. You bible thumpers should read A&D's then you will have something to b!tch about.

98 csvt t-red.. sho-shop intake, b&m, fidanza, spec1 clutch, Torsen, DMD,optimized Y& TB, Brullen, rear strut bar,h&r's,17" konig traffik's. "I say what I mean and I do what i say"
V
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
V
Originally posted by svt4stv:
you mean the "Literatti?"

Carl: "Let's make litter out of the literatti!"
Lenny: "Hey, that was too clever! You're one of them!"

IMO any book that attempts to broaden the public's knowledge of the extent to which the Roman Catholic church has shaped history is fine with me.

E0 #36 '95 Ranger '82 Honda CX500
J
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
J
Quote:

I pity those who cannot wallow in dreck without poking their thigh with a pin every five minutes to remind themselves that they�re only enjoying this ironically.

"Think of it, if you like, as a librarian with a G-string under the tweed." Clarkson on the Mondeo.
C
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
C

Right on.

The last time I checked any local Library, the Bible wasn't categorized under "fiction". You may feel it should be, and you have every right to feel that way, but the system we all subscribe to and that our gov't created categorizes the Bible as a "nonfiction", "historical", and then under "religious/spiritual". So, no, quite frankly your assumption is wrong.

Furthermore, the Bible is generally known as one of the most if not the most accurate historical set of documents on the planet (the Bible is after all a compilation of separate texts), verified and backed by literally thousands of separate manuscripts that have been proven authentic. Not to mention, it is also the single best selling book over all time, and every year, consistently.

These are facts, and are easily verifiable if you want to do the research.

Best Regards, HitchHiker 05 Altima SE-R - smoke, 6-spd - Fujita CAI Best stock times: 1/4: 14.366 @ 98.99MPH - 2.366 60 ft 1/8: 9.373 @ 79.84MPH - 2.366 60 ft
D
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
D
The bible is a history book writen by humans, and most of the time people that write about our history are people who survived a war/conflict to tell about it. If Hitler survived and stayed in power kids would be reading different books in school(at least in Germany) instead of learning how to speak english. I know im getting alittle off topic but the point is. Just because its the best selling book of all time. That doesnt mean its the most accurate book of all time. Just my 2 pennies

98 csvt t-red.. sho-shop intake, b&m, fidanza, spec1 clutch, Torsen, DMD,optimized Y& TB, Brullen, rear strut bar,h&r's,17" konig traffik's. "I say what I mean and I do what i say"
C
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
C

The last time I checked any local Library, the Bible wasn't categorized under "fiction". You may feel it should be, and you have every right to feel that way, but the system we all subscribe to and that our gov't created categorizes the Bible as a "nonfiction", "historical", and then under "religious/spiritual". So, no, quite frankly your assumption is wrong.

Furthermore, the Bible is generally known as one of the most if not the most accurate historical set of documents on the planet (the Bible is after all a compilation of separate texts), verified and backed by literally thousands of separate manuscripts that have been proven authentic. Not to mention, it is also the single best selling book over all time, and every year, consistently.

These are facts, and are easily verifiable if you want to do the research.

Um... not quite. First, the GOVERNMENT telling me that a book is fact or fiction is preposterous. Secondly, books are catagorized by the "world's most widely used library classification system" known as the Dewey Decimal System.

"The Dewey Decimal Classification (DDC) system, devised by library pioneer Melvil Dewey in the 1870s and owned by OCLC since 1988, provides a dynamic structure for the organization of library collections. Now in its 22nd edition, and available in print and Web versions, the DDC is the world�s most widely used library classification system."

Source: http://www.oclc.org/dewey/about/

Note that the Bible is catagorized under specifically Religion. There is no specific catagorization of Fiction/Non-Fiction. Where would you go to find a book on the Loch Ness Monster? Definitely not the 'fiction' section.

Now, yes the Bible has historical data: names, places, dates that are verifiable ( just as Dan Brown uses ). But, Dan Brown's books are primarily used for entertainment not as a historical document just as the Bible is used for its religious basis moreso than as a historical account.

I can't tell you that the Loch Ness Monster really exists anymore than you can tell me that Noah paired every single animal on a boat that man built in under a fortnight.

Blah...

It was a joke. I was a troll, and you bit. Voila.

>--------------< --Chemguru 99 CSVT Frost /Mid. Blue 00 Suzuki SV650 Red, Naked
Page 4 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Link Copied to Clipboard