Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
R
New CEG\'er
OP Offline
New CEG\'er
R
Alright, you where all right, the Cosmo air filter set up is crap.
After a day or so, it started missing at high RPM, so, I took off the whole thing and put back on the factory intake.
Now it still misses at around 4-5k RPM.
Then occasionally, the car will pull weakly to around 4K RPM and will leap ap to 5K then go flat.
Only in 1st and 2nd gears.
All other gears are fine.

Do I need to re-set something?

Any help would be much appreciated, really.

Last edited by Rossetti; 01/01/05 09:54 PM.
R
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
R
Any time anything involving amounts of air, or fuel changes you need to reset the computer to the car. (you reset it for more than that, but anyway...)

Pull the negative cable on the battery for 5-10 minutes and then it will take a few complete driving cycles to re-learn everything...

It will hunt and seek on the tach for a little while afterwards...

Ray

'99 CSVT - Silver #222/276 In a constant state of blow-off euphoria.
Originally posted by Kremitthefrog:
I like to wear dresses and use binoculars to watch grandmas across the street.

M
New CEG\'er
New CEG\'er
M
i think you'll find you need to re set the ecu, then run the car for about 30 miles to set the system up to the new filter. when you fitted it, did you take the fuse out of the ecu?

1998 mondeo st24 juice green,ramair filter, urban chrome matrix alloys 17", twin headlights, black rear lexus lights, smoked side repeaters, twin single exit duel exhaust, sony ice,gas bonnet struts, shiny engine bits, st24 door sill protectors,
A
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
A
yeah dude, put the air intake back on and reset the computer, with what you did you confused the hell out of the computer.

98 Corolla LE 1.8L DOHC 1ZZFE TEIN H.Tech Springs Tokico HP series Struts Short ram air intake Tsudo Axel Back Exhaust ... if a jelly fish stung me.. would you pee on the wound?
R
New CEG\'er
OP Offline
New CEG\'er
R
Thanks guys, I will take out the ECU fuse, then make everything happy, then try and re-do a new intake set up.

R
New CEG\'er
OP Offline
New CEG\'er
R
My manual doesn't show an ECU fuse, is there andother name?

A
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
A
just unplug the negative terminal on the battery for 10 minutes.

98 Corolla LE 1.8L DOHC 1ZZFE TEIN H.Tech Springs Tokico HP series Struts Short ram air intake Tsudo Axel Back Exhaust ... if a jelly fish stung me.. would you pee on the wound?
B
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
B
or pull the 4 and 10 fuse in the underhood fuse box. this way you will not have to reset radio and clock.

E0 SVT Kids, yeah, I have kids. How many do you want?
C
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
C
Why need help now? We all told you it was crap before. A lesson to be learned in the future.

-dan

98 CSVT 484/6535,18" MI Rims,Nitto NEO GEN Tires,Pioneer DEH-P7300,Custom Cougar CIA,CF Hood,McCULLOCH HID 6K,Custom painted red calipers,Flowmaster 40s mufflers,Drilled Slot rotors,K&N 9" air filter,Brullen HiFlo Y Pipe & CAT,Magnaflow Res
M
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
M
Originally posted by Rossetti:
Alright, you where all right, the Cosmo air filter set up is crap.
After a day or so, it started missing at high RPM, so, I took off the whole thing and put back on the factory intake.
Now it still misses at around 4-5k RPM.
Then occasionally, the car will pull weakly to around 4K RPM and will leap ap to 5K then go flat.
Only in 1st and 2nd gears.
All other gears are fine.

Do I need to re-set something?

Any help would be much appreciated, really.

Mying looks very nice, and my car runs great with it. I think you have a problem with youer car, and any after market air filter would make it worst, not just because it's a Cosmo

SVT 99 #526 of 2760
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  GTO Pete 

Link Copied to Clipboard