Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
K
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
K
turbo looks awfully close to that hose (coolant?).

#4559 of 6535 born on Feb 17, 1998 Black 1998.5 CSVT FOR SALE [cleaning house]: SVT rear swaybar. Reasonable offer and its yours!
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
Sweet sounding stang

Aaron

AKA NVS SVT 98.5 Silver/Blue SVT#4553 Yeah it's modded 98 T-Red/Blue SVT Contour Totaled 06/05/06 03 3L,VCN 2000,CAT Cams,MSDS Headers w/Y-Pipe,XCal2 and lots more
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
Originally posted by 18psi2300:
Originally posted by 3733csvt:
its seems funny to me, but if you have that much power with a turbo v-8, wouldn;t u want something other then drum brakes in the front? seems almost pointless...

Umm dude....stangs havent had front drums for like 30 years.

Awesome car Dustyn...one of those is in my future. Probably a 94-95 Cobra.

my bad, the rotor was so disgusting i didn;t even notice a caliper, could have fooled me

P
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
P
Very nice. Don't take offense to this, but now i know why people throw turbos on v6, and 4 cylinder cars and usually supercharge v8's. The v8 is such a loud and beasty engine that you can't even hear the bov! That engine sounds real nice, and even if you don't hear all turbo, does that really matter when your almost getting 600 horses??? lol very nice stang man. Was going to get a cobra, but i live in Michigan, and i suck at driving in the snow. Good luck with your car!

TPC Northville, MI 2002 - Pitch Black Focus SVT (Red Trim) Steeda Short Ram Intake 5% Tint All Around 98 Contour SE Zetec ATX - *RIP* @ Charity Motors
J
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
J
Originally posted by popecruz:
Very nice. Don't take offense to this, but now i know why people throw turbos on v6, and 4 cylinder cars and usually supercharge v8's. The v8 is such a loud and beasty engine that you can't even hear the bov! That engine sounds real nice, and even if you don't hear all turbo, does that really matter when your almost getting 600 horses??? lol very nice stang man. Was going to get a cobra, but i live in Michigan, and i suck at driving in the snow. Good luck with your car!

Doy, I thought everybody knew you don't turbo a V8 because you can't here the BOV.....and that's obviously the reason you turbo a 4 or 6.

That's probably one of the most ridiculous things ever said, but it sure was funny.

99 SVTC, T-Red, #652/2760-12.8.1998 Mother#@%@!* did I sound abstract? I hope it sounded more confusin than that!
D
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
D
Originally posted by popecruz:

No offense taken but the bov is not going make much noise with no load on the engine. If it stayed closed at idle it would not be working properly. The car will quiet down a lot once I get the tail pipes on the car and some sort of diy wastegate muffler. People throw stupidchargers on v-8's because they are fed by the ad's and just want bolt on power. I picked a turbo kit because it can grow with the engine. All the piping can support well over 850rwhp. Thanks again guys.

98CSVT specII yada yada yada 95 Mustang GT M&M road&track box HP stage one 60-mm
Z
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
Z
very sweet... just one question. shouldn't the BOV be seating fully at idle? seems like you would be losing metered air and that could cause all kinds of problems.

2000 csvt #1553 Black/Tan
P
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
P
Sick!

Sam 1998 SVT Contour- SOLD 2002 Mustang GT - 406 RWHP/391 RWTQ 12.1 @ 115 MPH
H
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
H
Originally posted by Dustyn:
People throw stupidchargers on v-8's because they are fed by the ad's and just want bolt on power.

What is wrong with bolting on power?

PS - I just purchased an Eaton M90 BY CHOICE over a turbo. I am very familiar with both the benefits and the disadvantages of both super and turbosupercharging.

Superchargers are not just gimicks and in many cases are preferable to turbochargers.

Tea 82 242Ti Proud former owner - Samantha '98 SVT #2253 Reborn Aug 21 2002 Cobra Paradise
J
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
J
Originally posted by Dustyn:
If it stayed closed at idle it would not be working properly.

So you're not gonna be in vacuum at idle? I'm lost, please explain.

"I'm not above the law, I'm beyond the law" 1999 CSVT Toreador Red Magnaflow Resonator and large K&N
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  hetfield_dup1, Trapps_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard