Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
N
Nkosi Offline OP
New CEG\'er
OP Offline
New CEG\'er
N
I backed into a post and luckily there was no cosmetic damage, but I think I bet the control arm ( if thats what you call it) for my drivers side rear wheel. When you get under the car there are two bars going to the hub of the wheel, the smaller rear one is what I think I bent. I believe its either called the control arm or tie rod, either way, I need to know where can buy these online, and what do yall think I'm looking at to get it repaired? I'll need an alignment done and the control arm replaced.

Ryan '98 T-red CSVT Spec Stage 1 Clutch, Drop in filter. Got an open spot in the stable, Warmonger knows what is going to end up there...
A
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
A

7 and 8 are pointing at one of the control arms... Not a cheep fix

98 Corolla LE 1.8L DOHC 1ZZFE TEIN H.Tech Springs Tokico HP series Struts Short ram air intake Tsudo Axel Back Exhaust ... if a jelly fish stung me.. would you pee on the wound?
N
Nkosi Offline OP
New CEG\'er
OP Offline
New CEG\'er
N
[censored], thats what i think I bent, I have heard form other people they only cost like $40

Ryan '98 T-red CSVT Spec Stage 1 Clutch, Drop in filter. Got an open spot in the stable, Warmonger knows what is going to end up there...
D
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
D
Looking at the diagram, lower arm (#7) is easy to fix and costs around $40.00. Mine was also bent and I replaced it. It was easy to replace. I was only able to find the part at Ford dealerships. The part number off my receipt is F5RZ-5500-A. I did have an alignment done on the car after I installed the part.

I think the upper arm (#8) is more expensive and is harder to fix.

B
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
B
Neither arm is very expensive to buy. Probably 30-40 $, or less if you get a discount. The rear one is very easy to replace. Ten minutes is all you need. The front one is a totally different story, as you have to drop the sub-frame in order to remove and replace the bolt that holds the control arm to the sub-frame.

95 Contour Zetec, ATX (wrecked, sitting in the barn) 95 Mystique Zetec, MTX 2000 Taurus SEL 3.0L Duratec 1994 Crown Victoria LX 4.6 V8 1993 Chevy Silverado 4.3 V6
A
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
A
Go through bill jenkins, its well worth the wait of shipping to get parts from him, the 35% discount rules.

98 Corolla LE 1.8L DOHC 1ZZFE TEIN H.Tech Springs Tokico HP series Struts Short ram air intake Tsudo Axel Back Exhaust ... if a jelly fish stung me.. would you pee on the wound?
N
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
N
If Bill Jenkins isn't available talk to Tim Vierra, he is handling most parts sales for Bill now.

Just an FYI, Signature Lincoln Mercury has been sold and my last two parts purchases, made after the sale, were discounted at 25 - 30%, instead of the previous 33%.

The Original Owner of 1998 SVT Contour #3384 of 6535, Toreador Red/Midnight Blue, Assembled September 3rd, 1997 Also the Original Owner of a 1998.5 Contour SE Sport V6 5-speed, Vibrant White/Greystone Sport Cloth, Assembled August 6th, 1998
N
Nkosi Offline OP
New CEG\'er
OP Offline
New CEG\'er
N
how could I get in contact with Bill Jenkins? I live in the Florida keys, and Im not sure what all the damage is yet, I'm taking it in today, but if that rear arm is so easy to install I may order it from him and do it myself.

B
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
B
There's one bolt on each end. That's all. Take out the two bolts, remove the old control arm, and put the new one in. You will need an alignment, unless you get incredibly lucky.

95 Contour Zetec, ATX (wrecked, sitting in the barn) 95 Mystique Zetec, MTX 2000 Taurus SEL 3.0L Duratec 1994 Crown Victoria LX 4.6 V8 1993 Chevy Silverado 4.3 V6
N
Nkosi Offline OP
New CEG\'er
OP Offline
New CEG\'er
N
<Praying> Im supposed to hear from the garage today. Ill let yall know what the damage is

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  horseydug_dup1, Ray_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard