Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
K
Veteran CEG\'er
OP Offline
Veteran CEG\'er
K
This is a first according to the Houston Chronicle, never been a white Christmas in Houston. Actually we are about 25 miles south of Houston and we will be waking up to a white Christmas tomorrow, or later today as real time goes. It's kinda weird walking out the front door and seeing snow like this on the front yard. It is neat though! We were at a friends house for a Christmas Eve party when the snow began to fall and it eventually even accumulated on the roads. When I went from the SZ 50 EP's, a dedicated summer tire, to the BFGoodrich Traction T/A's, snow was not a reason for the change but it was a good choice, they did alright in the light snow we got.

Keith W 98.5 SE Sport ATX Lt. Denim Blue Other car '02 3.0 Duratec Taurus wagon Want some real political discussions? Try www.freeconservatives.com
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
Heh. Unfortunately, there are quite a few morons running around Houston on summer tires and believe they'll do just fine in the conditions we had last night. Last night at around 10pm, I drove from UH Central to Broadway/Park Place on the Gulf Fwy and passed at LEAST 7 accidents (no more than a 10 mile stretch and that's being very generous). I was cruising at maybe 35-40 tops and I was being passed as if I was standing still.

I wish I could find out how many accidents were reported last night in Houston and the surrounding areas. Poor Officers were running around all night. Lucky for me I was off. But I'm here today .

But, we'll be back up to 70 friggin degrees by Wednesday . Winter is over.

Moderated by  Eric L_dup1, louisw_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard