Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#1133137 12/17/04 03:24 AM
P
Hard-core CEG\'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
P
OK, I was driving in this morning, and the blower motor on my car wasn't working. It was a cold drive in to work to be sure.

I checked the relay in the fuse panel by switching it with the rear window defogger relay. This did nothing, so it isn't the relay. There are no signs of damage around the two red wires that can sometimes burn.

This leads me to the fan switch. Where is it, and how do I change it? Is it in the HVAC unit? Please advise. Thanks in advance.

98 Silver Frost SVT 97 BMW 540I Sport, six speed "Blue is for sky, black is for soil, and white is for simplicity, purity and hope for the future" "A coveted car should never stunt your life, but should make it more rich and interesting."
B
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
B
there is no relay for the fan in in fuse panel, see the post right above yours, it is most likely the fan resistor

- 95 Mystique LS - Zetec/5spd - 99 Contour SeVT Sport - Duratec/5spd Official NE-CEG Contour/Mustang Family
P
Hard-core CEG\'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
P
Actually, there is. Third up from the fuses, or so my forum search told me. The other post you referenced even mentions it.

And I doubt it's the resistor, because I don't have ANY fan function. I might be wrong understanding from the searching I did was that if the resistor goes, the fan will still run full blast.

98 Silver Frost SVT 97 BMW 540I Sport, six speed "Blue is for sky, black is for soil, and white is for simplicity, purity and hope for the future" "A coveted car should never stunt your life, but should make it more rich and interesting."
B
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
B
again I don't know about the relay in the fuse panel, I will have to go look at that, but if the resistor isn't working the fan wouldn't work either

ther only time the resistor is "by passed" is when the fan is on high, otherwise it uses different paths in it to run the fan

- 95 Mystique LS - Zetec/5spd - 99 Contour SeVT Sport - Duratec/5spd Official NE-CEG Contour/Mustang Family
P
Hard-core CEG\'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
P
Another question (at work, don't have the Haynes manual right in front of me), which is the blower motor fuse? I just realized that I haven't checked it!

B
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
B
I believe the fuse is #23. It should also control the signal lights and the reverse back up lights. If the turn signal and back up lights are working, the fuse is probably not your problem.

95 Contour Zetec, ATX (wrecked, sitting in the barn) 95 Mystique Zetec, MTX 2000 Taurus SEL 3.0L Duratec 1994 Crown Victoria LX 4.6 V8 1993 Chevy Silverado 4.3 V6
P
Hard-core CEG\'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
P
Turn signal is working, so I guess the fuse isn't it.

Has anyone had experience with the blower resistor failing and the motor not working at all?

H
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
H
Keep me in the loop on this one. My fan works intermittently. All speeds seem to work when it's running which is rare when it does work. Blower not whining or anything.

stock 1998 silver frost SVT E0 #1545 out of 6535 * K&N drop-in air filter * DMD * Koni's w/ stock springs * Autolite double platinum * Tranny cocktail * Mobil 1 Snyth Oil @ 60K miles
R
New CEG\'er
New CEG\'er
R
I am having the exact same problem, but, cannot seen to get an exact answer pinpointing the problem.

have replace resistor. twice
have replaced fuse, 2 times
and still it goes completely out,, it is not the switch, or it wouldn't work for a while and then quit, it is something else.
somebody said something about an "upgraded resistor" went to ford and the said they are all alike, really would like a good answer,, thanks again for the help

P
Hard-core CEG\'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
P
If it's incosistent, that would indicate a bad connection. Check the wires on the back of the fuse box, and make sure that they are making their connection (two larger red wires together IIRC).

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  horseydug_dup1, Ray_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard