Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
F
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
F
Hey.. I was looking at this thread Complete 3L good idea? and I was wondering if someone could help me pick it apart... you see.. I got this 95 SE mtx with a blown engine and its my only car and I need a quick swap fast. Say I have a "complete" 03 3.0 Duratec engine and I can put it in my self. I have 750 to work with.. I need answers fast.. I'm sorry I reallly need help because well... its my car!

From what I know the hood not closing completely and the fuel pump/rail are my primary concerns. $750 gonna do it? I can do the work.

thats that I want...

USMC training begins on the 25th of Jan wish me luck.
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
im shaking my magic 8 ball... what does it say? "outlook not so good"

doing a 3L isn't something to be looked upon as quick and cheap. do the job right. if your complete budget is $750 then reconsider. i mean you have to get a motor and then get the car tuned at the least. a chip or a tune is roughly $400 alone.

im not saying it cant be done. i have a close friend who did a 3L hybrid in his 95 and had the job come out great. thing is, he didnt skimp on any part of the job.

you have my best wishes, and from what i read you are gonna need em...

the 3.0L oval port 3.0L '98 midnight blue se
F
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
F
common man... dont give up on me here....heres what I do have:

A Car and a 3.0L engine and roughly 750 AFTER my purchase of the engine. And if you have a better idea for my poor car and 1200 then let me know. As long as it doesnt involve actaully building an engine but using prebuilt ones. Oh, and just because I need this done quickly doesnt mean its gonna be done poorly I hate that assumption.

Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
ok maybe you do stand a chance... so you have an '01+ 3L? which is not the same motor pictured above...

the crank bushing on the flywheel side needs to be cut off, the ear by the alternator needs to be cut off, two holes in the oil pan need to be relocated to line up with the tranny, use exhaust manifolds from old motor, swap over timing cover, swap on powersteering pump, swap on passenger side motor mount, relocated iac, modifiy tube for the egr, modify tb bracket, get a hold of an svt/atx tb cable, find a way to braze/modify the fuel rail to returnless... do you have the motor/trans assy pulled yet??

F
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
F
I cant buy a fuel rail dealy from someplace? I havent begun any work... I wanted to make sure everything was "accepted" by people on CEG first... which is probably a good idea for a spontaneous moron like myself.

Oh one more thing... whats the whole brazzed fuel rail thing? Sorry if I sound REALLY nooby.

Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
no you cant buy the dealy from someplace. you have to modify it yourself or pay someone to do it for you. i had mine done by a professional ; ). however he doesnt do just the rail for anyone... you need to utilize the supply and feed rails of your current 2.5 and modify them to line up with the feed on the 3L injectors.

we are talking 01+ 3L right?

F
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
F
yeah its an 03 from a taurus...1600 miles for 650 shipped. thanks to car-part.com

oh and I cut a part of my fuel rail in half.. one of the plastic sections of tubing... am I in need of a new rail or should I ghetto fix it? Id prefer new but if there is a fix for that sorta thing let me know.

Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
you're gonna have to survey the rail that you have with the 3L and the one you have from the 2.5 along with the pics that todras has posted in the FAQ of the modified rail and go from there. what is the extent of your mechanical ability??

edit: oh and dont even think of any type of ghetto fix for the fuel rail. you better not even let the phrase "JB Weld" pop into your head...

Last edited by 5speed3.0SE; 12/08/04 08:03 AM.

F
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
F
my extent is whatever my mechanic brother can handle. I have a basic/ok knowledge of cars especially the contour... I just have little experience.

I didnt even think the fix on the fuel rail was possible I was takin a crazy stab in the dark.

Last edited by Flemloid - -; 12/08/04 08:07 AM.

Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
well this is one of those jobs where i can tell you all what you need to do, but you wont fully grasp or comprehend until you're leaning over a fender with your hand crammed down in the engine bay or lying under the oil pan with rust falling in your eye. get a cherry picker and pull that motor/tranny as an assy and get to working. and you had better find someone to tune/chip this thing for you.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  bnoon_dup1, PA 3L SVT_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard