Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
S
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
S
I wasn't trying to make fun of you, or your choice, but there is crap in the audio world, and I hate seeing people fall into it. Say you are shopping for a plasma tv. Would you trust someone that had a PROVEN 500:1 contrast ratio or someone who puts 1000:1 on the box to sell more of their product, even though their CR is around 250:1? I would rather buy QUALITY product than something that is complete bs. I'm sorry if this is sounding like me dissing you, or you choice. It's better than what I started with (Clarion RDX455D h/u, Boston Acoustic 3 1/2 coax's front and Jensen 6 1/2" rears (hey, it came with the car). Do you think I got made fun of for that one? You better believe it. Do you think I cared? I did at first, but then I just set my sights on something new, until I got my tour, then I just set my sights on getting rid of all factory audio equipment in it. Next on my list is a better set of components, kicks, a nice pair of midbass, and a nice sub and amp. I'm not trying to be the loudest, or the best in SQ, but I will have a good sounding car that didn't require 8000 dollars to build the stereo. I have a budget too, and that is my limiting factor. So far I have 45 dollars in my whole system (h/u was a straight trade for my old Clarion, the Infinity's were a haggle item at a local pawn shop BNIB; Thank god for stupid pawn owners). Anyways, I'm not trying to knock you down for it, you think they sound good, that's your subjective opinion... After hearing what I have, I don't like them, that's my opinion. I'm just trying to help someone better their equipment, because no one deserves to live low line their entire lives.... If you honestly think I was trying to put you down, I'm sorry, I wasn't. I apologize if I came off as an ass. But as I said before, it saddens me to see someone waste their money on equipment that will either crap out on them, or sounds like complete ass....

Sincerely,
Morgan

1998 Contour GL 2.0L Zetec Stock as hell for the moment....
M
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
M
Originally posted by Honkeytonk Monkey:

And BTW, 300W RMS isn't all that bad, I only send my PB15 around 150W RMS from my MRV-T757

correctamundo. i had 4 jl 10w3's running only 125W each once... and a pair of lambda 12's getting 250W each (and those were louder than i could stand).

while extra power is nice, unless you're competing in spl comps, it's often overkill.

02 Mustang GT... Tuned by Nelsons. Low 12's, anyone? .....______ ___|______\_____ |/-\_________/-\_| .\_/...............\_/
H
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
H
Yes, the PB15 gets rediculously loud with so little power.

2003 Ford Focus ZX3 "Tarmac" http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2352003
S
Hard-core CEG\'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
S
Hey,
No prob its just been a long two weeks for me and not being able to afford the best is just a little bit hard. I WILL upgrade from the pyramid to a better one someday when I get some more money. Its just to get me by for a little while then i will sell it to someone who really could use it. I do have to start somewhere and this is a true beginning into car audio for me. Hopefully I wont end up getting my stuff stolen I agree I dont want something that is going to make my ears bleed I just want something that will make my car sound better with some bass in it. I dont want to blow my ears by any means.
No more needs to appologize Smorganin I understand what you were saying. And for the record I DO NOT think you are an ass at all. I believe you are trying to help people out like alot of people on this board and for those who do not say thanks I will for them. Thank you!!
Sincerly,
Bill Hemmingsen

1998.5 SVT contour #5979 3L 1995 Mercury Mystique 2.5L auto, all ghetto fo sho
S
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
S
That's understandable... anyways, I came off as one (after reading my older posts on this thread) and felt the need to apologize. I am usually a nice guy, and I wasn't being one, hence the apology. Anyways, upgrades don't have to be expensive or even hard. I have an Alpine 3552 that is waiting to go to K&B Audio to be fixed, and I paid nothing for it, as the owner said it was blown and didn't want it (I haven't been able to verify the blown status...), and when it gets sent back, I'll have a 35x4 or 85x2 amp for use. All you need is a blown amp. Send it to K&B audio, and they can hook you up. Sergey is one of the nicer people I have talked to in the industry, and their prices are very reasonable. Amps up to 600 watts RMS will cost 50 bucks plus shipping to them, and that includes a 90 day warranty and standard testing. For 20 bucks more, you get a 6 month warranty, and for 5 dollars, you can get in-depth testing (your own testing parameters, such as power @ 1 ohm @ 14.4 volts, or other things like that). Amps that are over 600 watts RMS are 80 dollars with the same prices for the upgraded warranty and the testing. Just send Sergey an e-mail, and he will get back to you; in my case, he contacted me in a day. As for subs, you can get just about anything for cheap. If you want something good, check the online classifieds on SoundDomain or on other sites. Even check eBay because once in a while they have good deals, like the Treo TSX that was on there 2 days ago for 75 bucks shipped.... not too shabby.... Anyways, if you need any advice on cheap upgrades, just ask any of us on here, as we have all had to go the cheap route at least once, so we can help point you to something that would be better than what you have. I'm gonna go now before I take up too much more space.

Regards,
Morgan Keffer

1998 Contour GL 2.0L Zetec Stock as hell for the moment....
S
Hard-core CEG\'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
S
Hey,
Like i said no prob. Its all water under the bridge inless your in Michigan then it is snow LOL. I could not find Sergey to send him an email. I would like to find out somethings that would be good for my car. I do have 2 audiobahn (start the flaming) 2200 watt max subs already so i thought that amp would be good. Guess i was wrong guys. Still have not got the amp yet will soon though.
BTW does Sergey do all types of amps?? or just certain ones?
thanks
Bill H. AKA Pimpdaddy H If curious send me a pm and ill send a pic

S
Captain Impound Boy
Captain Impound Boy
S
Stop calling them 2200 watt subs.. thanks call them El crapatano's.

S
Hard-core CEG\'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
S
OK ill call them aw1206T's then

R
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
R
For those of you interested, as of now i'm a soon to be authorized distributor for Earthquake, American Bass, MTX soon, and more to come asap!! amps, subs, tweeters, components, etc. from mild to wild to competition. i'm working on getting kicker next, and plenty more to follw.
As of right now, i can get the American Bass products out right now and Earthquake, i also picked up spinners through this company (only 20" as of right now in annodized blue, anno red, chrome, and gold) if you want any info on american bass check out their site, they set a world db record last year, they are out of Cleveland, anything they offer i can get to you wholesale, i'll post the name of the site when i'm done with it, i don't want to post it now and then someone jack it before i finish it cause it's what i'm operating under (give me @2weeks to be up and runnin online) so anyway, for those curious about American Bass, go to the E. Great Lakes board and ask anyone in there about American Bass products or Earthquake, I'm a one stop audio shop at wholesale price, any questions just PM me or email me. i'll post more info on my products soon. Thanks.

check out americanbass's website and earthquake's website for their products

i'm goin gor an online site similar to thezeb.com and carstereoexpo.com but BETTER!!!! so check them out and hopefully i can get some better prices, also, let me know if there is anything out that i could offer that you feel is popular and good

Last edited by Rahmel; 12/10/04 01:33 AM.

I'M RICK JAMES BITC#!!!!!!!!!!!!
S
Captain Impound Boy
Captain Impound Boy
S
Really?
Ill have 17 american bass 10's!!!! and a couple of them amazing amps!

i wish you had kraco i would be all over that as well

Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  dnewma04_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard