Print Thread
#1122106 12/05/04 07:02 PM
S
steel Offline OP
New CEG\'er
OP Offline
New CEG\'er
S
Has anyone had to change out the electic component for the trunk release and also know where to get one? My remote still unlocks the doors and turns the dome light on when the trunk release button is pushed but no sound of the electric trunk release activating in the rear of the car and of course the trunk remains locked. Both the key and the release next to the drivers seat still work. Is there a fuse dedicated to this option? Thoughts?

'98 SVT

'98 SVT #1838 of 6535, every mile's mine! That makes no one to blame but me.
T
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
T
I had the same problem. Dome light came on, so it should work, but no trunk pop. All I did was take out the little motor (under the trunk lip) and service it. Apparently, they're fairly flaky, and get jammed easily. There is a good step-by-step somewhere on here.

Try this: http://www.contour.org/ubbthreads/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=trouble&Number=729175&Forum=trouble&Words=trunk&Match=Entire%20Phrase&Searchpage=2&Limit=25&Old=allposts&Main=407409&Search=true#Post729175

It worked for me. total cost zero!

T

N
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
N
Steel, it's an easy DIY, read that link and once you do the fix (not really a fix, more of taking it apart and putting it back together seems to fix it) and you'll never worry about that part failing again.

A prety easy DIY!

"Fear is the little death." Muadib.
S
steel Offline OP
New CEG\'er
OP Offline
New CEG\'er
S
Thanks guys, great link to the fix and it's finally warm enough here in Pittsburgh to work on!!

'98 SVT #1838 of 6535, every mile's mine! That makes no one to blame but me.
T
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
T
i had the exact problem...i looked into it, in the trunk. For some reason, i have an unconnected elctrical harness hanging around...for some strange reason i do not have the elctrical solenoid thing to pop it open?! How strange

98 SVT #1652 of 6535 My SVT "If everything seems to be going well, you obviously don't know what the hell is going on."

Moderated by  horseydug_dup1, Ray_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard