Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
F
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
F
Originally posted by Rara:

Does your brother work at Nummi? I'm guessing because it is one of the few auto industry ties to the Bay Area.

I grew up in the Santa Rosa area and went to High School in Antioch; I interviewed at Nummi right out of college, but decided it wasn't for me.

He works for Daimler (worked for Daimler pre-Chrysler merger) and is actually working in Stuttgart, has been for the last 16-months on tour from his US office. His speciality was drivelines & axles. He got his PE, went back to school to learn EE at night and now works with transmission sensors/speedometers. Works quite a bit in the field when issues arise as most everything he works on is low-production or new-production

How you can stand living in the upper-midwest is beyond me? Been to Detroit twice lived in the mid-west for 3yrs and couldn't wait to get back to the west-coast, especially Cali.

Money doesn't always bring happiness. People with ten million dollars are no happier than people with nine million dollars ~ Hobart Brown
H
H
Sweet Stangs!

HCHRIS1906 black/tan 2000 Contour SVT, stock
E
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
E
Originally posted by Fmr12B:

How you can stand living in the upper-midwest is beyond me? Been to Detroit twice lived in the mid-west for 3yrs and couldn't wait to get back to the west-coast, especially Cali.

I second that. Grew up here, but spent a year in the Bay Area, only place I've ever missed. I'm a west coaster at heart, trapped in a mid-west existance.

R
"Absolut Rara."
"Absolut Rara."
R
Originally posted by ESC:
Originally posted by Fmr12B:

I second that. Grew up here, but spent a year in the Bay Area, only place I've ever missed. I'm a west coaster at heart, trapped in a mid-west existance.

I really can't stand Michigan. The only things I like here are some friends and the car culture.

Balance is the Key. rarasvt@comcast.net
R
"Absolut Rara."
"Absolut Rara."
R
Hey Fmr12b,

I was wondering about this:

Quote:

I read yesterday the YR to YR Mustang sales were only up 19% for the month of Nov. I expected a much larger gain as the '05 was was released last month.

So, I kept digging around here, and I found out, that it is actually only up 12% overall for the month of Nov. BUT, here's the kicker, retail sales to individuals is up by over 50% for Mustangs in Nov. It seems that last year around this time, rental fleets purchased a rather large number of base Mustangs . . . sort of cooks the numbers a bit.

Balance is the Key. rarasvt@comcast.net
F
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
F
Hey Fmr12b,

I was wondering about this:

Quote:

I read yesterday the YR to YR Mustang sales were only up 19% for the month of Nov. I expected a much larger gain as the '05 was was released last month.

So, I kept digging around here, and I found out, that it is actually only up 12% overall for the month of Nov. BUT, here's the kicker, retail sales to individuals is up by over 50% for Mustangs in Nov. It seems that last year around this time, rental fleets purchased a rather large number of base Mustangs . . . sort of cooks the numbers a bit.

I work in finance/audit as a consultant to the tech companies out here and totally understand the numbers are always gonna be estimates that generally make the companies look beeter, espeically at the end of a products life.

Is Ford keeping the '05 Stangs out of Hertz's hands? I'm assuming they are shipping to them as we speak!

Money doesn't always bring happiness. People with ten million dollars are no happier than people with nine million dollars ~ Hobart Brown
K
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
K
400hp Mustangs are great but I'd rather have a 400hp Contour. How many of those do you see. And for those opinions we don't like, we should just skip 'em! Hey it's a mouse people...USE IT!

'00 T-Red TourSE 2.5L ATX Foglight Mod,Optimized Y-Pipe & TB, FSVT F/P,RU-3530 http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/688552
H
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
H

I really can't stand Michigan. The only things I like here are some friends and the car culture.

Yet you and Dave tell me I should move there

2003 Ford Focus ZX3 "Tarmac" http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2352003
R
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
R
400hp in anything is nice in my opinion!i would love to be in michigan myself for the car culture.Rara we need a ford gt block for the 05,any chances .The name of the shop btw is Haywood Custom Speed.

(2)1994 mustang GTs 2001 gt convertible loaded.www.haywoodspeed.com
M
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
M
Originally posted by Honkeytonk Monkey:

Yet you and Dave tell me I should move there

i love it here. i've lived in NYC, connecticut, and ohio. MI is still my fav!

02 Mustang GT... Tuned by Nelsons. Low 12's, anyone? .....______ ___|______\_____ |/-\_________/-\_| .\_/...............\_/
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  hetfield_dup1, Trapps_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard