Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
B
New CEG\'er
OP Offline
New CEG\'er
B
I am replacing my front brakes (99 SVT built on Oct 28 1998) and when I took the rotor off it is the 278 mm from the E0 run but the pads do not match it. they are the thinner pad from the later calipers
Is it common for the larger (earlier production type) rotor to be installed with the caliper and pads from the later runs? Should I just go replace the pads with the right size and return the ones I bought?

Of course the best thing is I wanted to get this done on my day off, which means most auto parts are closed

99 Black SVT #290 of 2760
E
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
E
Originally posted by black99svt:
Is it common for the larger (earlier production type) rotor to be installed with the caliper and pads from the later runs?

All the SVT models have had 278 MM rotors. The E0 calipers have the larger pad. Here is a link to the BAT brake page.
http://65.109.103.142/files/cbrake.pdf

B
New CEG\'er
OP Offline
New CEG\'er
B
Thanks, it was the BAT page I went by to order the pads. It says production using the larger pad ran through 5/99 and mine was built 10/98. After today I would really question the 5/99. I will reorder the smaller pads tomorrow and just wait till next week.

Happy Thanksgiving

99 Black SVT #290 of 2760
B
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
B
The change over date is absolutely incorrect. It is what Ford has published in their parts catalog and the whole industry seems to have followed.

From information gathered among the CEG the actual date may be as early as 2/98.

The pads are not interchangable. The pads must be matched to the appropriate calipers and caliper brackets. The best way to identify what you have is to compare the existing pads to the pictures on the BAT web site.

Jim Johnson 98 SVT 03 Escape Limited

Moderated by  horseydug_dup1, Ray_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard