Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
#1111722 11/21/04 08:12 PM
C
OP Offline
C
I have heard of mice crawling in exhaust pipe of cars that are in storage. I have heard of cats and other small animals crawling into the engine compartments of cars during the winter when engines are still warm to stay warm (I have even experienced it my self, finding a mouse near a power steering pump bracket.

But just last night I think a mouse of some small creature actually got INTO my car!?!?! Anybody experience anyting like this?

The night before I had left 2 chocolate type truffle candies that were wrapped in an aluminum foil type wrapper on the center console near the hand brake. I went into my car this moring and only saw one there. I looked around and woundered where it could of fell. Then I noticed a bunch of shredded foil down inthe passenger side foot well. Sure enough the shredded foil had the markings of the wrapper. Some small creature got into my car (most likely thru some of the air vents) and got to this candy and ate it up! Not a trace of the chocolate just part of the foil shredded up. This peice of chocolate was about the size of a small mouse.

Anybody experience anything like this???

1998 CSVT 1980 BMW323iRS 1993 AUDI URS4
#1111723 11/21/04 08:17 PM
B
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
B
Not a mouse, but I had a ant nest in my trunk when I got my car. Just put some traps under your seet, or rat killer might work if you want to let it sit for a couple days.

95 LX-with a mind of its own 24v DOHC SVT exhaust and K&N=all thats worth modding Go Fighting Sioux!!!
#1111724 11/21/04 08:25 PM
R
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
R
Heh. Not in my car... I cought a mouse just this morning in one of my kitchen cabnets. I opened the door and the critter was inside of an open spaghetti box. He was grubbin on a noodle. I closed the box drove a couple miles down the road and made it some one elses problem. I'm such a pu$$ie, I can't even kill a damn mouse.

Anyway... as for your problem, lay down some trapps. Big ones. Put em' under the seats, and in the trunk. I'd also start lookin for rust holes. If this thing ate something as big as a mouse, I dont think it climbed in through an air vent.

Oh yeah and when your explaining to your insurance company how you wrecked your car. Dont tell em' that you swerved into oncoming traffic because a mouse crawled up your pants and bit your left...um

98 Contour SVT (soon to be reborn) 2000 GMC Envoy... Screw you guys, I like it. 89' Mustang 5.0 (Just bolt on's... for now)
#1111725 11/21/04 09:33 PM
R
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
R
several years ago we had this van

our dog chased a mouse/small rodent and it went up inside the engine bay. it sat on top of the intake manifold, where it left a bunch of rat poop

the dog, now having the mouse cornered proceeded to lay under the van and chew a whole wiring harness up

Russell Oval Port 3L Nearly Done MTX75 w/ Homebrew Zetec FD and Torsen Complete
#1111726 11/21/04 11:10 PM
X
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
X
I have experienced a problem like this twice.

First time, my girlfriend let her car sit the first semester of college and when she started driving it the following semester she had some engine problems. We found a nest by the air filter and it ended up the mouse chewwed through one of the spark plugs.

The second instance wasnt as easy to take care of as the first as I am still dealing with it.

I was given a 99 VW New Beetle from my girlfriends uncle which had a blown engine and had been sitting in a pull barn for several months before I was able to get my hands on it. While taking the engine apart I would always think my mind was playing tricks on me as I thought I saw something move, IN the CAR! Sure enough a little brow mouse or two made home in the air vent intake between the hood and the windshield. It appeared several times throughout the overhaul and we thought we got rid of it and its potential problem once we had a new engine in it and had it running.

I dont know how long he had been living in there but everytime I turn on the vents/heat/ac it smells horrible like mouse piss. I have shampooed the car, used every form of air freshner and it still reaks! I am going to end up ripping the dash apart to clean that crap out, literally!

As for your chocolate, I bet he had a few friends help him out eating it. Even if that isnt the case, my hamster can eat more that its weight or atleast pack that much into its cheeks!

Originally posted by Chickens:
Religion can't do much for ashholes (unless you are an alterboy)

98.5 Se w/SVT mods 98 E0 SVT~ sold
#1111727 11/22/04 03:15 AM
B
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
B
A few years ago, I parked my Mazda 626 at the DFW airport for a few days. When I came back, I noticed that the heater blower fan was making a strange noise, like the fan was out of balance. A day or so later, I noticed a dead rat smell in the car. A mouse had apparently climbed in the car at the airport, and had been inside the squirrel cage fan when I turned on the heater. The centrifugal force flattened him like a pancake.

95 Contour Zetec, ATX (wrecked, sitting in the barn) 95 Mystique Zetec, MTX 2000 Taurus SEL 3.0L Duratec 1994 Crown Victoria LX 4.6 V8 1993 Chevy Silverado 4.3 V6
#1111728 11/22/04 03:47 AM
B
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
B
Mice can be dangerous little creatures ...
My friend (that I work with) almost lost his mom due to mice in her car . She's an older lady (at least mid-60's) , she has a Miata (her only car) that she drives maybe once a week . The other month she got into her Miata to go to the store for groceries , as she approached a busy intersection , she went to stop , but the throttle was jammed open ! It's an automatic , so the brake couldn't stop the car , with the throttle hanging open (and she couldn't push a clutch in) . She went through the intersection , luckily enough she avoided a major collision . After she got through , she reached down & turned off the key . She had the Miata towed to a garage , where they found that mice had eaten into her intake pipe & made a nest . Their diet of busted nuts had found their way into her throttle body and jammed the butterfly wide open ! She was so shook up , it was many weeks till she drove again . She now has traps everywhere in her garage .

Lesson learned ... Don't take mice lightly !!

~~~~~~~ Phil Black & Tan 2000 SVT Contour #2137 of 2150 35,000 miles & counting !
#1111729 11/22/04 08:30 PM
C
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
C
ummm.....put it in nuetral and use the break to stop b4 intersection....then turn off car!?! wow what an idea that was.

#1111730 11/22/04 08:31 PM
D
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
D
grannys physical and mental reflexs probably aren't what they used to be!!!!

#1111731 11/22/04 08:36 PM
M
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
M
dang u guys are going to make me paranoid... i hate mice

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  GTO Pete, Trapps_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard