Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
J
OP Offline
J
I'm getting ready to remove the TB & clean the EGR passages.
(I have a P0401 code.)

Have done extensive searches & reading here on this, but didn't see much info about removing the accelerator cable bracket. It looks to me like there are several bolts that need to be removed, & a couple of clips below that secure the bracket to a couple of hoses (hard to get to!!). Is this all I need to remove to be able to remove & angle the TB back out of the way to get to the EGR passages? Anything I need to watch out for?

I don't have a lot of time today to do this, so any shortcuts appreciated!!! (Plus, it's cold & raining!)

Thanks for any help!

'96 Contour SE Teal Duratec V6 MTX 54,000 Miles (Purchased New) Not a Newbie - Had To Re-register!
G
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
G
I've done this recently....no real shortcuts, sorry to say. A couple of the the bolts for the bracket are kinda hard to get to. Be sure and put a rag under everything before you start,,,to catch anything which drops. Once the bolts are out for the bracket, you can just move it out of the way. The rest is pretty easy.

'99 Sport TropicGreen,Duratec, SVT exhaust, Brembo rotors, Ceramic pads, K&N filters(oil & air), Alpine CDM7874, Polk DB570 speakers front and rear. Fog light mod. 50% Formula One tint.
J
OP Offline
J
Thanks for the reply & info.

What about those clips underneath securing the bracket to the hoses? It doesn't look like they are going to cooperate easily. Did you have trouble getting them off?

'96 Contour SE Teal Duratec V6 MTX 54,000 Miles (Purchased New) Not a Newbie - Had To Re-register!
G
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
G
I honestly don't remember any clips. Just the bolts which held on the bracket. I looked in my service manual on Cd, and it didn't show any. I tried to include a picture, but couldn't get it to work.

'99 Sport TropicGreen,Duratec, SVT exhaust, Brembo rotors, Ceramic pads, K&N filters(oil & air), Alpine CDM7874, Polk DB570 speakers front and rear. Fog light mod. 50% Formula One tint.

Link Copied to Clipboard