Print Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
B
BP_dup1 Offline OP
Hard-core CEG\'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
B
is he serious? on the other hand...reagan did it.

should the laws be changed such that you don't have to be a native of the USA to be president?

personally i haven't given much thought to it.

'03 Saab 9-5 Aero
D
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
D
Did what? Be president? Yep, Reagan did that.

I don't think the laws should be changed to allow for foreign-born presidents. You let that one fall and soon to follow will be the age requirements, etc. I don't think people should get so wrapped up in Arnold's popularity that they want to go around changing the Constitution. He's not that great.

A
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
A
Originally posted by Davo:
Did what? Be president? Yep, Reagan did that.

I don't think the laws should be changed to allow for foreign-born presidents. You let that one fall and soon to follow will be the age requirements, etc. I don't think people should get so wrapped up in Arnold's popularity that they want to go around changing the Constitution. He's not that great.

Actually I think Arnold is a fresh face to the republicans. I would gladly pick him over GWB. Not because of his popularity but because of his beliefs.

Last edited by Antonio; 11/14/04 07:32 PM.

Now I hate America? That is a new one to me.
R
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
R
Yeah, sorry, no non-American natives for president. NO WAY.

2004 Ford Freestar V6 Boogity Boogity Boogity, Let's go racin Boys!
T
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
T
Quote:

Actually I think Arnold is a fresh face to the republicans. I would gladly pick him over GWB. Not because of his popularity but because of his beliefs.

I got to agree he has some great ideas, and i think his physical fitness program will help a lot of younger americans for years to come.

2000 Sport SE
A
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
A
Originally posted by Renee:

Why not? Americans seem to be having troubles doing the job. I mean we got a current liar in office that has never done anything wrong in his term and our previous president got his dick sucked in the White House and then he lied about that too. I love the way native born American presidents do things.

Last edited by Antonio; 11/14/04 07:35 PM.

Now I hate America? That is a new one to me.
D
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
D
Originally posted by Antonio:

There are plenty of people with Arnold's 'beliefs' that were born in the U.S.

S
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
S
Originally posted by Antonio:

Why not? Americans seem to be having troubles doing the job. I mean we got a current liar in office that has never done anything wrong in his term and our previous president got his dick sucked in the White House and then he lied about that too. I love the way native born American presidents do things.

just watch dave chapelles stand up, hell show ya how to do this presidency thing

S
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
S

I disagree. Once a person obtains American citizenship they should be considered as equals regardless of their background. What makes a native born American better or more eligable than a forign born one? After all the vast majority are of forign descent. I don't recall any real native Americans having run for office.

99 CSVT Green/Tan # 84 of 2760 Built on Wednesday, September 30, 1998 15.376 @ 92.00 MPH Stock 75,000Km 96 Contour GL 2.5L V6 ATX 170,000Km
P
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
P
All you people agianst this concept of Arnold becoming president need to sit down and think about what America really is. Yeah, it's our home, where we live, but just how many of you against the idea would/could run this country?

Are you just jealous that an established man in many categories, who was born elsewhere and happens to find himself in America because of his abilities, and wants to be President?

I'm not saying he's ideal at the moment; but I am sticking up for him in this thread. Why shouldn't he qualify as a Presidential Nominee?

I am just BAFFLED at the fact that SO MANY Americans still feel they are above everyone else, and that's exactly this country's problem; we are the only Superpower. So what if a Man, or a Woman, elected President and was indeed born elsewhere in the world? Isn't that a nod to the international community that we not only voted for our president, but that he's been elsewhere and knows what's good for Everyone and not just Our culture?

Cut the idea a little slack. I'd be curious to know what would Really happen. George W is a disgrace to the office and in my eyes wouldn't even qualify for governor in almost every way.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Link Copied to Clipboard