Next Thread
Print Thread
P
PDXSVT Offline OP
Hard-core CEG\'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
P
ABC across most of the country last nite showed Speilberg's "Saving Private Ryan" for Veterans' Day. Portland Oregon's local ABC affiliate gave an extra bonus, a few minutes of face time during late nite news after the movie with Don Malarkey, familiar to students of the 101st Airborne on D-Day and fans of Stephen Ambrose's "Band of Brothers" book and the HBO series. Malarkey spoke about the family and soldier on whom the "Ryan" story idea was partially based. Mr. Malarkey now lives in Salem Oregon. The Oregon National Guard is also contacting Mr. Malarkey about speaking to an upcoming function with ONG members returning from Iraq.

An appropriate addition to an appropriate movie.

MSDS, SHO-shop Y, custom 2.5" catback; xcal2; 63mm TB, K&N 3530; Koni struts, Aussie bar; THaines forks, Quaife, SpecII, UR fly; DMD; Nima UD pullies; Stazi brakes; f&r Pole120 mounts. Just a daily commuter car. Silver '98 SVT E0 #3159
F
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
F
Yeah, Don lives really close to my parents house, and I've had the privelage of meeting him on several occasions. Band of Brothers is an absolutely amazing series, and it's awesome to meet one of the members of Easy Company in real life. That old dude is one bad motherf*cker.

1999 Black SVT "If I were an admin I'd ban you without a second thought. " ~Trapps

Link Copied to Clipboard