Next Thread
Print Thread
M
Mohaj Offline OP
New CEG\'er
OP Offline
New CEG\'er
M
So my reverse lights do not work... I have checked the fuse, replaced the bulbs and checked their connections, no water in the trunk... can anyone else think of a possible source for the problem?

P
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
P
Depending on which transmission you have (you didn't specify), it can be the backup light switch on a manual or the MLP (Manual Lever Position) switch on an automatic.

Next time, please identify your car. See the stickied post at the top of the index listing that is addressed to new mwmbers.

Steve

98 Contour SE Sport 2.5 Duratec ATX The wifey's car 89 Taurus SHO - 246K miles 94 SHO ATX - 190K 1997 F-150 5.4L ATX - The Workhorse 150K. ANY THREAD WITH "OMG" or "WTF" ETC IN THE TITLE WILL BE IGNORED!
R
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
R
Well with my SVT, sometimes if i put it into reverse the lights dont come on. So then i have to push it in reverse a little harder... hmm

C
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
C
Originally posted by Mohaj:
So my reverse lights do not work... I have checked the fuse, replaced the bulbs and checked their connections, no water in the trunk... can anyone else think of a possible source for the problem?

Slack in the shifter ... test it by holding the shifter all the way back in reverse and letting go. If it's on while you force the stick back, it's a bad shifter, and very common. The exact same is happening in mine.

Time for an upgrade methinks !

If you do a search, you can find lots of info on the shifter problems, and there is a link to another forum with picks of broken plasitc fittings that might be the culprit.

1998.5 T-Red on Midnight Blue SVT Build Number 5320 of 6535
M
Mohaj Offline OP
New CEG\'er
OP Offline
New CEG\'er
M
Originally posted by projectSHO89:
Depending on which transmission you have (you didn't specify), it can be the backup light switch on a manual or the MLP (Manual Lever Position) switch on an automatic.

Next time, please identify your car. See the stickied post at the top of the index listing that is addressed to new mwmbers.

Steve

My bad, it is a 2000 CSVT... thanks for the info, definitely got me pointed in the right direction now

C
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
C
Yup, mine does the same. Still cant get it to work though...

Moderated by  horseydug_dup1, Ray_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard