Print Thread
#1103895 11/12/04 05:51 AM
M
Mohaj Offline OP
New CEG\'er
OP Offline
New CEG\'er
M
I haven't seen one, but then I haven't really looked too much. I was wondering if anyone has come across one/installed one on there car and if you could potentially put one together yourself just by getting some thicker gauge copper wireing and other nessicary parts?

One of the guys I work with just put one in his Sentra Spec V and dyno'd it, had 155hp before and came out with 159hp after installing the kit.

M
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
M
Originally posted by Mohaj:
I haven't seen one, but then I haven't really looked too much. I was wondering if anyone has come across one/installed one on there car and if you could potentially put one together yourself just by getting some thicker gauge copper wireing and other nessicary parts?

One of the guys I work with just put one in his Sentra Spec V and dyno'd it, had 155hp before and came out with 159hp after installing the kit.

No one makes one, I'm sure you could do it yourself, but unsure if you will see those kinda gains...some of the Prophets will chime in.

Born again on 04/09/06 FOR SALE: Moonroof glass and motor MB sunshade PM ME!
N
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
N
As Pete kind of alluded to, it seems to be pretty much the feeling around here that a grounding kit won't do any good on our cars. I guess they're supposedly pretty well grounded as is. I don't know for sure, I just remember reading about it a few times on here. Perhaps a search would turn up some of the old conversations.

Shawn Clone Jezabel- 1999 SE Sport V6 MTX- Severly wounded, comatose Silver frost/Black Exterior-Midnight Blue Interior The Firecracker- 1995 Mystique LS V6 MTX stock and backfiring like a rifle shot I have 3 loves, my God, Brittany, and my Car.
B
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
B
Sun Automotive makes a kit for all cars. The kits are not model specific, but are labled 4 cyl, 6cyl, and cars with batteries in the trunk. The kits do work. The Contour is well grounded, but the kit does make a small difference. I think I am the only one on the boards that actually has one on their car. Everytime I say anything about it, I get a lot of negative feedback from those who have never actually put one on their Contour. Increased HP, I doubt it, but it does improve the smootheness of car through the rev range.

Is it worth $100.00 or so, probably not for the Contour.

E0 SVT Kids, yeah, I have kids. How many do you want?
D
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
D
The kit is not a bad idea but like stated you are not going to see any real performance gain.

Now if you have a big stereo you should get much crisper performance but IMO it is a Must to upgrade all the wiring when running much over stock. Also not just the grounding either but the positive feeds as well.

Headlight output could increase some as well with the better wiring. Provided of course the stock wiring for the lights is not holding you back to begin with.

2000 SVT #674 13.47 @ 102 - All Motor! It was not broke; Yet I fixed it anyway.
D
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
D
grounding kit...

get some wire and start gounding stuff

98 contour svt #6473 of 6535
C
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
C
Originally posted by Dakmis:
grounding kit...

get some wire and start gounding stuff

^^^What he said. A couple feet of 4ga, a couple feet of 8ga, and a bag of crimp-on ring terminals and you're set.

2000 Contour SE 2.5L ATX - Toreador Red 2001 VW Golf GLS 2.0L MTX - Tornado Red Buy my possessed VCR!!
D
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
D
It's the quality and type of wire that matter.

You want VERY high strand count. Not your typical battery cable or bulk cable you find at the hardware store.

2000 SVT #674 13.47 @ 102 - All Motor! It was not broke; Yet I fixed it anyway.
D
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
D
you can get them for 8 bux on ebay. i have one. it made my headlights a bit brighter and made them sop dimming. there is a interferrance thing on the coil packs so im not sure if its a goog thing or not to directly connect it to the coil or not. i did anyways and really didnt feel a difference. in theory it makes sense but its not gonna make a cool noise or make you any cooler. skip out on a bottle of dale octane booster and buy a kit.

V
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
V
Originally posted by dallasb84:
there is a interferrance thing on the coil packs so im not sure if its a goog thing or not to directly connect it to the coil or not.

There's a ground strap on the coil pack; does that go directly to the chassis?

E0 #36 '95 Ranger '82 Honda CX500

Moderated by  GTO Pete 

Link Copied to Clipboard