Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
#1102608 11/11/04 05:31 AM
S
SAV Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
S
Originally posted by Alcoholic Clown:
Isreal was given that land, there shouldnt be any dispute over it. If they dont like it get the f*ck out it's that simple.

I love these statements. It makes me wonder how many hard-headed people there are out there in the world. If it was "that simple", don't you think somebody out of the multi-BILLIONS of people in the world would've figured it out by now?

Troll. 1997 VW Jetta MkIII GLS 5spd All hail my appearance on CEG!
#1102609 11/11/04 05:58 AM
J
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
J
Isreal was given that land, there shouldnt be any dispute over it. If they dont like it get the f*ck out it's that simple.

Both parties have legitimate claim to the land that go back as far as Biblical times, so it isn't anywhere near as simple as that...

JaTo e-Tough Guy Missouri City, TX 99 Contour SVT #143/2760 00 Corvette Coupe
#1102610 11/11/04 06:58 AM
F
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
F
Jews, Muslims and Christians all regard Jerusalem as a holy city. It all boils down to people not being able to put religious beliefs to the side and learning to deal with other groups. However, the Jews have also done a lot of terrible things to the Palestinian people. Things will never get better there. People are f*cking stupid.

1999 Black SVT "If I were an admin I'd ban you without a second thought. " ~Trapps
#1102611 11/11/04 07:03 AM
S
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
S
Originally posted by JaTo:

Both parties have legitimate claim to the land that go back as far as Biblical times, so it isn't anywhere near as simple as that...

yep, and it's largely based on religion. Isreal claims that God promised them that land. that's why it's called the "promised land". Palestinian Arabs who are Muslim, obviously dont agree. They hate Jews/Isrealis and wish death upon each and every one of them, regardless if they occupied "their" land or not.

Im glad that idiot is gone. If it does go to "WWIII" it wont be much of a "war" cuz Isreal is gonna kick the sh*t out of them like they wouldn't even believe! remember when Isreal took on the "entire" Arab world (1967?). funny how I still see them on my globe. there is no way they're gonna let that piece of sh*t be buried in Jerusalem which is has an incredibly Biblical history. and I don't think Isreal's being "given" to the Jews was completely agreed upon by everyone.

Originally posted by Tourgasm:
Sometimes you can mess up a word so bad that spell check doens't know what the hell you're talking about.

#1102612 11/11/04 07:21 AM
F
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
F
Originally posted by svt4stv:

yep, and it's largely based on religion. Isreal claims that God promised them that land. that's why it's called the "promised land". Palestinian Arabs who are Muslim, obviously dont agree. They hate Jews/Isrealis and wish death upon each and every one of them, regardless if they occupied "their" land or not.

Im glad that idiot is gone. If it does go to "WWIII" it wont be much of a "war" cuz Isreal is gonna kick the sh*t out of them like they wouldn't even believe! remember when Isreal took on the "entire" Arab world (1967?). funny how I still see them on my globe. there is no way they're gonna let that piece of sh*t be buried in Jerusalem which is has an incredibly Biblical history. and I don't think Isreal's being "given" to the Jews was completely agreed upon by everyone.

Very untrue about all muslims wishing death upon all the jews. Very fanatical muslims do, but not all of them. I've read the Koran and have spent a great deal of time studying Islam, and how the average American views the religion is just disgusting. There is a lot of tension between both those sides, especially in Israel, but neither side is by any means innocent. Islam says nothing about hating or killing jews or Christians, and Jihad doesn't even mean holy war, but of course, the fanatics give all the good, devout muslims a bad name. Kind of like Jerry Fallwell and Christianity.

1999 Black SVT "If I were an admin I'd ban you without a second thought. " ~Trapps
#1102613 11/11/04 07:31 AM
M
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
M
If you accept the Merriam-Webster definition, the term "fanatic" is in fact a specific reference to religion.

So perhaps the term "religious fanatic" is straight from the "Department of Redundancy Department"

I wonder if reasonable Muslims make the same distinction between regular Christians and "fanatical" ones. Might be kind of tough considering the long-standing Christian support of Israel and the current action in Iraq. They might be subject the same lack of objectivity we had towards Muslims following 9/11.

Main Entry: fa�·nat�·ic
Pronunciation: f&-'na-tik
Variant(s): or fa�·nat�·i�·cal /-ti-k&l/
Function: adjective
Etymology: Latin fanaticus inspired by a deity, frenzied, from fanum temple -- more at FEAST
: marked by excessive enthusiasm and often intense uncritical devotion <they're fanatic about politics

#1102614 11/11/04 07:36 AM
J
JB1 Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
J
.....wont be much of a "war" cuz Isreal is gonna kick the sh*t out of them like they wouldn't even believe!

ain't that the truth. first egypt and then egypt and 2 buddies.

this may potentially be a very ignorant comment but here goes anyways. all parties involved need to figure out that if they don't learn how to share the sacred land then they are going to end up knocking the damn thing down fighting about it. perhaps isreal should consider letting arafat rest in jerusalem as a peace offering. beating the crap out of them hasn't worked. maybe taking the high road will yield better results. on the other hand, maybe i am just dreaming here.

00 black/tan svt, #2052 of 2150, born 2/1/00 formerly known as my csvt "Nothing in the world is more dangerous than a sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity." -Martin Luther King, Jr.
#1102615 11/11/04 07:36 AM
S
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
S
Originally posted by Fat Mike:

Very untrue about all muslims wishing death upon all the jews. Very fanatical muslims do, but not all of them. I've read the Koran and have spent a great deal of time studying Islam, and how the average American views the religion is just disgusting. There is a lot of tension between both those sides, especially in Israel, but neither side is by any means innocent. Islam says nothing about hating or killing jews or Christians, and Jihad doesn't even mean holy war, but of course, the fanatics give all the good, devout muslims a bad name. Kind of like Jerry Fallwell and Christianity.

i didnt say ALL Muslims, I said Palestinian Muslims. I have met many people, Muslim, Jewish and Christian who lived in Isreal and readily claimed this. Not "all" of them, per se, but damn well near. I have studied Islam and many other religions as well. The Koran calls any non-believers the enemy. The Koran does not preach tolerance and love-thy-neighbor values, nor does the Old Testament.
BTW, im not a fan of Rev Falwell, but comparing a Christian religous fanatic to a Muslim fanatic who calls for the murder of non-muslims doesnt seem exaclty equivelant.

Originally posted by Tourgasm:
Sometimes you can mess up a word so bad that spell check doens't know what the hell you're talking about.

#1102616 11/11/04 01:36 PM
V
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
V
I think the Palestinians first have to get through their internal fighting to decide who takes Arafat's place before they can turn their sights to Israel. Since Israel elected a hawkish PM, I'm sure the Palestinians will make sure their leader is equally aggressive. More of the same, in other words.

E0 #36 '95 Ranger '82 Honda CX500
#1102617 11/11/04 06:12 PM
E
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
E
Well, I have a unique view on this, since 2 of the 5 people who are partners in my shop are Israeli, and served in the military there when they turned 18 (before coming to America). We discuss this issue all the time. I also have a programmer on my team who is Muslim, originally from Bosnia but living in Sweden now. (To top it off, the 3rd programmer on my team is French... Talk about a screwed up team, The Frenchman, The Musim, and the American Texan Marine.)

The way I look at it, this might be a turning point. Arafat was the only leader Palestine ever knew, he was their "father", as many of them will tell you. He also was great at turning his back on the peace process, or breaking promises. He also didn't do all he could to prevent attacks against Israel.

Now, I don't believe that Israel is innocent here, either, and I feel that "the wall" is a horrible idea. But back to my point...

Now that Arafat has passed on, his temp replacement is a moderate, and more open to the peace process. On top of that, there will now be public elections held to elect Arafat's successor. From there we'll have to see how it goes, but I am still wishing, and praying, and hoping for the best. You have to open your eyes to make it over the mountain...

E1

1999 Cougar - Supercharged 3L 1992 Talon TSi - AWD Turbo 1992 Eclipse GSX - AWD Turbo
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard